www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What have people done to raise money for a tournament?  Looking to make a list of ideas for our club members so we can raise money for a tournament in June.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in the initial stage of bringing a disc golf tournament to the Northern Adirondacks.  I have been involved in a local canoe race that raises money for a local charity for the past 7 years. That is the fundraising model that I’m using for our disc golf tournament. 

Partner with a local charity and get a mailing list of local businesses.  A charity that already has a golf tournament could be a really helpful partner. A lot of the fund raising tools for ball golf tournaments work for disc golf tournaments.  Using the charity as your primary mission, you send out a sponsorship mailing.  Disc golf has a lot to offer sponsors in the way of exposure.  Sponsor logos on minis, hole and tee sponsorships, sponsor signs at the registration area, etc. 

Try to plan your tournament to at least break even on registration fees and the amount collected from the disc golfers equals or exceeds the amount spent hosting the tournament.  The majority of sponsorship money raised should end up going to the supporting charity. 

We just finished a one-day fundraiser tournament. Casual format where you make your own group and play at your own pace. $20 entry includes a disc. Over $500 raised. With lean budgets, you may find it difficult to get businesses to pony up cash but it can be done so don't get discouraged. Good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968