www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am going to be in the Traverse City area over Memorial Day weekend, and I'd like to play up there. Since my schedule might not allow for more than one round, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on which course to hit. I'll be in Sutton's Bay, so I'm looking at either Hickory Hills or Myles Kimmerly. Thanks!

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't personally played either but from what my friends have said you have to hit up Hickory Hills
I have played Hickory Hills many times. It is a fine and challenging course. The hills of Hickory Hills are many and will take a toll on your energy and test your endurance.

I have never played Miles Kimmerly. When it went in I asked the locals if it was as good a course as Hickory. They told me it wasn't and since I have not played a tournament there yet I have had no compulsion to visit it (oh, and its also 4 hours drive away).
Mark, If you have extra time up north in the TC area you should check out Myles... worth a visit. I would compare it to a tougher, more hilly, up-north version of Rolling hills (though I am not sure if it is that lefty/sidearm friendly :) ).
Hickory hills is my favorite course ever! Bring hiking boots and two lunches. It definetly challenging and fun to play. You will never want to leave. Theres a good mix of distance and accuracy. I have also played a course around there called log lake. The lake doesnt really come into play but it is the most technical course i have played. Really difficult and will make you mad if short isnt your game but i think when you play log lake you leave better than you came.
Thanks for the input!
Bring your camera, you'll want a picture from the tip top out to the bay. A great view.
Definetly. 19 is my favorite hole ever.
I've played both and enjoyed them both. Let me put in a good word for Myles. Hickory will get the votes as the 'better' course, but a few things that haven't been mentioned:

1. Myles is less likely to be crowded. Much further off the beaten path.
2. Myles has a good deal of elevation change, but Hickory, if you're not in shape, will punish you (I speak from sad, sore muscle experience).
3. Make sure you get a map. My first time at Hickory I made one wrong turn looking for the next basket. Big mistake. You'll want a map for Myles, too.
4. Every time I've played Myles I've run in to some really nice people.
5. Myles is a challenging and fun course. My first round there was terrible, but I left wanting to come back, and have several times.
I hope you get a chance to play both courses. They're both worth the effort.
robbax,

couldn't have said it better myself.....Both are excellent courses worth playing. Hickory will always be much more crowded, I would avoid peak hours if possible. Hickory is probably a superior course. When I played Myles midsummer on a sunday I didn't see another person in the entire park (other than my group).....Both are in my top ten for sure.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968