www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I will be in Brighton, MI near Ann Arbor for software training from August 23-27. I chose this area for the disc golf so no need to list all the courses, I can't wait. My questions are:

1) what's the weather like in late August?

2) when does the sun go down that time of year?

3) what are the MUST play courses?

4) what courses to avoid?

The classes end by 5pm M-Th and Friday is optional for me, I'll do a morning at the most. The tobaggan course is not in play then I believe. Anyway, I'd love some input and I look forward to some more Michigan disc golf. (I played K-zoo Worlds).

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It gets hot here. Sun goes down around 8:45-9:00ish definetly play hickory hills and flip city also hudson mills has two great courses. No real courses to avoid but hickory hills is way out of the way but is most definetly worth the trip out there.
I'm from NC so no problem with the heat, I'm glad the days will still be long.
Hudson Mills is on the list for sure, also Cass Benton and Black Locust. I've heard about Flip City but there and HH look too far. Thanks
In A2 you will want to play Independence Lake, BRATS, Lakeshore, if you like FH shots all day play Kensington Black Locust, and, Victory Park(a worlds course) is 40 miles out of west A2. Don't play Rolling Hills unless you love poison ivy. There are several 9 hole courses around also. Bandemer has 9 baskets but 3 different tees. I recommend playing it but be ready for the U-shaped hole 8 from the long tees. The weather isn't untolerably hot but it stays warm until September. MUST play Lakeshore and BRATS. BRATS is a private course maintained by Ben Calhoun and it is definitely my favorite course in the area. Whatever you do avoid having to play with Ozzy. He is Ben's dog and is a total hassle the whole time. Loves to be at your ankles until you release. That's about it. Good luck!
I would play Lakeshore, BRATS, and Hudson Mills (both courses if you can in one day due to pay to play). I personally love Cass but due to the casuals I wouldn't recommend it (they don't know educate). Rolling hills is also a great course but like The Force said poison ivy is crazy there. Bandemer is a sweet 9 hole course but not on the top of the list for must play.
he means etiquette, no one has ever educated them at Cass Benton.
Yes must come play BRATS get ahold of me for that.

Hudson, Independence Lake, Lakeshore, Kensington, Rolling, Bandemer and Cass are the area's best within 30min of brighton/ann arbor
Awesome guys, I want to make the most of the trip so I'll use your suggestions to plan out a schedule. BRATS may be the first new one for the list, I'll keep in touch Ben...thanks!
Sunset on August 25th in Brighton is at 8:21 pm. You'll have usable twilight until 9 or 9:15 depending on where you're playing.

That's cool Rob thanks, I'll print that out and keep it with my travel plans.
Avoid Cass Benton unless you play it on your friday at 8-9 ish in the morning, Swarming with the worst casuals MI golf has to offer and I would hate for you to have that image burned into you mind.
I run a traveling league (Free) of good fella's if you would like to join us for a round on that friday it would be awesome and we could show you around any course that you would like. BRATS is a great time and The calhoun family is one to meet when in the state. Lake shore, Independence lake, Hudson Mills and Kensington parks are all great but plan on paying their entree fees as well as pay to play at HM and Ken. the area is flooded with awesome courses and good pitch and putts.
-G
I would suggest avoiding Cass as well. If you do get Friday off. I would suggest hitting rolling and independence on the same day, due to the park entrance fees being 9 bucks a day. You can get into both rolling and independence with one day pass. And then you can head down to the ThrowShop at Lakeshore, its about 15 minutes from rolling.
Just did this over the weekend, makes for a perfect day

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968