www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just had my computer worked on and now the chat window doesn't pop up. does anyone know of a security feature that could block this? or is there a plug in that I need to down load? most annoying for me! Just comes up with the grey line at the bottom but if I click on it, it won't come up. It sometimes turns to a blue bar but not always.

Thanks!

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are inside a company's local area network, it could be that "fixing" your computer included blocking access to certain types of social networking functionality.

If not, there is one thing that has - so far - fixed nearly all "anomalous" issues people have had in this network: Clear your browser's memory cache and then restart the browser. I don't know why, but that set of actions has fixed a lot of issues for people.
ok How do you clear the "memory cache"?
It varies from browser to browser, and I am NOT an expert. You can usually find the option under something like "Settings." Maybe if you post here which browser and version you use, someone who knows that version well can help you out?
What browser are you using? if you are using internet explorer, try mozilla firefox. IE is just a huge security hole. If you are using firefox, trying checking if pop ups are allowed. Also this is not a setting you want to be "allowed" all the time. For clearing the cache try googling the procedure.
internet explorer 6.0 cannot use other browsers or upgrade as it is a company laptop. I am running a verizon wireless broadband access card.
owie. ie 6.0 is horribly outdated, but i am sure you know that. make sure you have a good av and use windows update to plug those myriad security holes. that being said, check this link
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/howto/customizing/cle...
Get a real OS. Linux. =)
He's running a company laptop. Wiping the os and installing linux is most likely not a viable option. Albiet linux is the way to go, i agree.... There are still tons of corporate internet portals that just flat out will not work with anything else then ie. Sadly :(
yes company laptop, I did upgrade to IE8.0 and clear memory and restart, still nothing! It worked before! DOH!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968