www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On Wednesday the 9th of Dec. at 4:30 pm. A co-worker (who is an Eagle Scott Master) and myself will be going before the Ionia County Parks Advisory Board to propose the installation of a 18 hole disc golf course in Bertha Brock County Park in Ionia, MI. If they give us the 'good-ahead', then our next stop will be to the County Commissioner's Office to get permission to build the course. If they give us the green light, then it will be the long road of getting money and building it.

I saw the whole discussion of how 'Nathan' the Eagle Scott put a course in his neck of the woods; and how all our fellow disc golfers gave him guidance and advice. I am asking now for that same advice. Please post any descriptions, outlines, success stories, testimonies, etc...

Attached is a Map of the park. The layered green area is where I will be proposing the course to be installed. It's more than enough land with a massive sledding hill.

Views: 22

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many people will be more open to giving money if you have a professional involved. No one builds even a tot lot without a professional to oversee it.

That doesn't mean that you, a bunch of volunteers and the head of the board couldn't lay out the course you want. Just make sure you can at least say that part of the money will go to having a qualified disc golf course designer review the plan for safety and to maximize the value to the community. If one of you guys is qualified, great. Make sure you are "hired".
The only problem about professionals though is that they do not work for free. Even if the promise of professional involvement would generate a certain dollar amount, the cost for their services would be a wash. Don't get me wrong; I would defiantly welcome professional involvement, I'm just not sure of how much money that would take. Since Ionia has no disc golf course what-so-ever, any course is better than no course.

But the excitement of the project is getting me way ahead of myself. The proposal still has to go in front of the County Commissioner; which means nothing probably won't happen until the next year. I'm gonna just keep trying to get my ducks in a row in the meantime.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968