www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am trying to dye some discs in a solid color. These are just some older white discs that I sometimes have problem finding and want to dye them a bright pink. At best I am getting some weak red. 

My test disc is a DX Kite. And I am using Rit dye in some very luke warm water. I can touch the side the pan. 

Tags: discs, dye, grrrr

Views: 73

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A prime example of why animals in the wild eat their young. Looks like DX can be dyed to me.

my advice would be to buy new disc and actually spend some money getting good plastic. I have read several things people have done to get the DX plastic dyed. 1. I have heard of people mixing rit with water and acetone. 2. I have also heard people straight mixing rit with rubbing alcohol. I am not a fan of the first because of the acetone. Also both methods used here are not using heat instead using "time." Honestly if you play a lot then getter better plastic...then and only then will you get great results. Good luck with it. Try the first 2 methods and let us know.
yeah it can be dyed...it is just time consuming. I would never want to dye DX for the fact you spend time hand cutting out your dyes and then you Taco the disc or 2 weeks later you have hit 2 trees and the disc looks like someone took a bite out of it. I "personally" feel like it's a waste. Now if you are hanging them for wall art sure...I am sure they will look great.
Plus dont get confused and heat the alcohol or acetone you will blow up or your neighbors might think your making meth

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968