www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Well here is a little insight it's been roughly around a year or so since I've played and i want to start up again. i used to live in portage mi so i would play at Robert Morris, cold brook, and osthemo a lot but since i have moved north of grand rapids i don't know any good courses in the area. i still have my bag and discs but should i downgrade until i get used to throwing again? only discs i have are a 150g shark, 171g buzzz, 166g dx wraith, xd and aviar for putters.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4 good discs,weight seems right.never can go wrong with a Roc or Comet.jmo

You could probably play your whole game with just those discs honestly.

Shark for understable midrange shots, Buzz for overstable midrange shots, wraith for distance and big hyzers, xd for short drives and aviars are great putters..

The pdga site, disc golf course review, or the disc golf michigan book could help you find courses.
Bag seems fine. Maybe a slower workhorse driver in a 170+ wight like a gazelle, cyclone, or eagle.
Get a Lat 64 River.  I've been playing for two months and getting used to that disc had added about 20-25 ft to my drives.  Now I only use it on shorter holes and in tailwind, but it is an amazing disc.  Then I picked up the Lat 64 Flow and am loving that too.  And replace that Shark with a Roc. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968