www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering if there is anything against using a PDGA approved Turbo Putt? I know it went back and forth on approval and I believe now it is Not Approved. But the one I own says PDGA Approved.

I'm guessing its a no no to use, what are your thoughts?

Views: 1084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, I do not use one any longer and I turbo putt often! But for what good reason is it no longer allowed? Are there any PGDA/Innova Reps on here to help us understand?
I agree, I do not use one any longer and I turbo putt often! But for what good reason is it no longer allowed? Are there any PGDA/Innova Reps on here to help us understand?
you mean you all didnt run out and buy it 4yrs ago,shucks,well im sure a new putter will come out next week

ohhhh my, just saw picture of money putter,with big $ symbol on it,how many of you saw and bought that piece,,ohh my putts are gonna be money,,hahaha

Lol Guess I missed that one, can't wait to win one!

The best part of that is that you do not have to wait! Mah ha ha

True but it would take the fun away if i just bought one  ;b

I think the "good reason" was to keep the concept of "disc" in disc golf. 

As posted above, there was a flurry of oddities quite unlike the discs we're familiar with.  There are already guidelines as to what qualifies.  They were tightened to preclude not just the turbo putt & wheel, but to thwart other, even more radical products that someone might introduce.

ABCDiscs owner Dan P was promoting his discs & Company while playing various tourneys in different states.Two years ago he was in Sarasota,great bargin prices at the time for either single or the set.Money putter and the Flying Squirrel are 2 discs you just might want to try.Ten greenbacks per discs at the time. Dan also threw in the line to various winners that day.

Likewise,Rip Disc's Graboide and Relic were a great buy when Skipper was promoting his 2 discs,believe they were a great steal @ $12 for the pair including shipping.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968