www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just had an idea that maybe is already around, but I never heard about it so I thought I would share it.

It's a mix of Ultimate Frisbee and disc-golf, to be played in doubles or maybe as a team. The basic idea is that discs should never hit the ground, otherwise you incur a penalty. One guys throws, the other receives then throws while the other runs to the proper spot (OK, you don't HAVE to run, it's a recreational game).
If playing in teams, for a par 3 hole you would have 3 players who take up their spots before tee-off. The whole thing could even be timed actually, so that in the end each team/pair would have both a score and a time.
No big drives in this variant obviously, tough choices at times (have to play a lot safer, esp. in wooded areas). What type of disc to use is one interesting point: Super Class probably? Putters (soft)?

Looking forward to reading your reactions...

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris , That sounds like fun and a good way to keep in shape.
I'm still voting for little people hiding behind bushes and trying to knock the disc out of the air. A human obstacle course of sorts. And you never know when they will jump out.
Um.... Some of us can throw putters that far, Use of Flx Challengers might be appropriate. They fly forever and hurt only as much as an ultrastar on impact.
The "+" means "further than"... that means "anything over" and can be a lot ;o) An inaccurate catch can really hurt with a golf disc at such distances, I think.

Anyway, the real point is if you do that, you have to do it predictably, or your partner might have to run on uneven ground while keeping an eye on the disc for a while. Notwithstanding potential injuries, the risk of having to re-throw is just too high to justify such an unsafe option. But then, it's a strategic choice.
There's been a variation of that played here....a few months ago. I wasn't there for it but I heard it was a rout. One variation that played into a completed hole was having the partner deflect, without catching, the disc into the basket to save the stroke. Sort of a Kan Jam variable going on here. "The Ultimate Doubles Disc Golf Basket Jam"
Sounds fun, but one of the advantages of DG in my opinion is that the opponent is not allowed to mess with your play, unlike... well, Ultimate.
I suggest allowing the player to throw a couple of dummies, then...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968