www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Unacceptable!!! The PDGA needs to get their (blank) together and cash our membership checks in a timely manner!!!

There is no excuse....for holding a check for 3 months before cashing it.....NONE!!!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A high horse is all I can ride being as tall as I am. If I ride a short horse, my feet drag on the ground.
I sent my check in on Jan 7th...it posted April 6th
No chit!!! lmao...they can sit on it until it hatches....but if they wait too long...it will expire...Postal MO's expire, I believe, after 180 days...so what happens then????

What do you think would happen if we sent them post dated checks.....by 3 months?
I thought PDGA membership forms were sent to a fulfillment center, not the HQ? If so, the problem may not be an in-office one, although they are of course ultimately responsible for whomever they pay to process these matters. If I recall correctly, there was a good sized budget item for this sort of thing. They should at least be cashing checks regularly.
Not sure don't see anything in their financials that indicate that. I do wonder how much they generate from the online handling fee though...I know it must offset some of the information tech costs and/or office expenses...none the less I'm curious. As far as paid employees go there is 5 and 5 consultants...an expense of334K in 09 est 378K in 10....no further breakdown though...not that I have found.

Business wise....why would any business want to hold customers payments for 3 months....makes no sense!
Making Interest ?
The PDGA doesn't get the online handling fee. That goes to Breiner Enterprises who contracts to do the work for the PDGA. Most of the fee goes to the credit card company and the rest helps offset some of the admin cost of Breiner's work handling the renewals. I just talked with Todd Breiner the owner and it's their normal practice to batch the checks where it might take up to 12 weeks to post in the busy time of the year which is Jan-April. In October it might take less than 2 weeks. The main issue is whether the member pack gets to the person. Once they have it, they know those funds are committed and the check will eventually be cashed.
No, not making interest.

Those checks are probably sitting in someone's desk while they work hard to get the membership data entered and packages sent, rather than stick them in their bank account. And not in the PDGA office but at the subcontractor's.

My bet is that with this as a known problem now, the PDGA office staff will negotiate to have this not happen in future years.
Correction. For member renewals, the PDGA gets the $3 handling fee but most of that money goes directly to the bank for credit card processing.
I do like the PDGA online entry for tournaments !!!!
I gave Mr. Ruane a call to explain the membership process including seasonal variations. His membership was received 4 days after he mailed it; his membership package was mailed on the 5th day. During the height of the membership season, membership processing is the first order of business.

At this point, the PDGA receives very few checks (approx 2/10ths of 1 percent)... the other 99.8% of memberships either come in online [ie credit/debit cards] or through tournament reporting.

As the season progresses and slows, deposits are reconciled more frequently against the weekly batch reporting [as the work load drops off substantially]. Roughly 75% of memberships are processed in the first 3-4 months of the year (with the vast majority being processed in a 7-8 week period).

It is assumed (possibly incorrectly so) that once a person writes a check, and records the transaction in their register that they are aware that a check is outstanding.

To clarify a previous statement, ALL monies collected go to the PDGA. Various related expenses are then paid back out... This ensures that everything is accounted for, and 'on the books'.

If there are ever any questions or concerns, the best thing to do is give us a call... we are always happy to answer questions, and address concerns. We can be reached at 1-888-840-7342.

Breiner
1-888-596-9347 [direct line]
Thats sounds pretty unprofessional...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968