www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Have you ever wanted to know how well your disc golf custom dyes compared to the rest of the world? Do you want a chance to win $100 Cash for having the best dye? Do you want to be the 2010 Dye Master? For the 1st time, UnderPar DiscGolf is bringing the best custom dyes together to determine who is the best.

The 2010 Dye Awards will take place between July 1st and July 31st. We will take all of the submitted dyes, have 100 + people vote on them and award a winner.

Rules:

All Dyes must be postmarked by July 31st, 2010
All submitted dyes must not violate copyright laws
Artwork is based on originality, clarity and detail
Custom Dyed Discs can be applied in anyway as long as dye is used to produce the artwork.
Only 1 entry per person/per household

Visit www.underpardiscgolf.com for more information or for any questions or suggestions email sales@underpardiscgolf.com

This is the first year of this competition and our goal is to showcase the best dyed discs in the world so any thoughts for improvement or suggestions will only make this better.

Thanks

Tags: Disc, DiscGolf, UnderPar, dye

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again this was the first year and I would like to see this become an annual award showcasing the creative talents of creating art on golf discs. I am thinking of doing next year some different catagories and possibly some type of division for photo submitted entries. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

I am also looking at the voting process as well. This year, I had 100 random people from our local course vote on what they thought looked the best and had the most clarity. Although most looked for detail, some also probably voted for what looks cool. I thought about voting online, but i also do not want it to be a popularity contest were the winner wins because they have all of their frieds vote for it.

A few of the discs have dontated to charity and i will be posting that ebay link in a week or so.
wow, its not even the fact that I didnt win, but someone who puts round stickers on a disc and drops it in dye wins??? There is almost no work going into a dye like that. Sort of ridiculous. I know Brett's tarrot card was amazing and had mucho detail and time and effort involved, the dyes cut with plotters I am not to fond of but still were far better then a "bubble" dye. The number 1 didnt come out very well in the online picture but still had a lot of detail and work involved. just WOW!! Wont be doing that again anytime soon. sorry but wat a waste of a few of our time and money! kind of curious, where is dan hestnad from? Local?
Many times, it is the most simple things that are noticed. Dan is an awesome artist and what he chose to enter was very simple and the people who voted seemed to think it was the best. Again this was the first year and I am working on different things for next year, which may include a catagory for basic geometric shapes dyes and some more complex graphic dyes. Dan is from Indiana so he is not local to me. I do hope you would consider doing this again as i really did like all of the submitted entries and like most contest, not everyone will always agree with the winner but everyone will always have their favorite.
I would not say it was a waste of time. You created a piece of artwork that you love to do whether it is for you or a friend. You either chose to have it come back for you to enjoy or you selected for it to be raffled off for a good cause. Either way, you should still have some satisfaction for the art you created.
Just remember, Tino, Judging was based on originality, clarity and detail! I guess clarity carried a lot of weight.

But here's some constructive criticism, Scott: Do not photograph the entries while 'back lit', rather, with just a white background (like the winning entry was). Some designs were not well represented.
I know I am venting, but the award or competition is for the "Dye Master", not for the "most simple dye"! I dont think I would have won this, Brett has the sick tarrot card dye!!! But still, "dye master", not apply stickers and soak 1st grader type of dye. Just venting! Oh, and if you look at clearwater (florida) disc golf store, they have many discs with "bubbles" and "stars" patterns for sale, so originality for that winning disc went out the window as well!! O.K., I'm done, I will be waiting by the mailbox for my disc to be returned! PEace, and always Brett, Sick dye brother!!!!
I think Tino is the best. For the rest I don't care where I am at. I dye for fun and if people like it, good. And if they don't, good too.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968