www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a 150 and 165 Stingray and I like them just because they fly straight for me and the wife and kids. I want to put a bag of understable disc togather, what I would like to know is what disc for distance,mid and so on and how under stable each should be. My wife and kids seem to be getting frustrated fast and I dont want them to quit on me. the kids range from 17 to 7 years old,

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Although a larger diameter mid range disc, the Comet is one of the best discs made. A excellent beginer disc.
First of all keep them lightweight. 150 grams. Innova sells a 3 pack of disc. They are dx plastic which is cheaper and they come with a putter, midrange and driver. Usually an Aviar, Shark & a Cheetah or Leopard. Which are pretty understable plus they are usually around the 150g weight. For around 30 bucks you're in the game. Good luck with the family!

http://www.amazon.com/Innova-DX-Disc-Golf-Set/dp/B003EG66C8
Thanks we have an aviar but it is a 170 I think.
checked with a friend and he said he has an older broke in Comet I can try out thanks for the info
sidewinders,monarchs,xpress,stratus,meteor
For putters, I highly recommend the XD. And my #1 understable driver is a beat up Roadrunner.
another vote for roadrunner (mid 160's star plastic)
sidewinder-driver.....roc-midrange
If you beat the crud out of any disc, it will become unstable and fly straight and with repeated proper beatings will not want to fly anymore but just roll when you try to fly it.
Keep them sanded smooth for better performance.
Beat that disc with a stick!

You guys should try the Zephyr!! It is an excellent transition disc...shaped like a frisbee but has definate disc golf qualities...

http://www.discgolfflymart.com/innova-zephyer-golf-disc-new-pick-wt...
i made a goal of introducing the sport to 10 ppl this year, and so far i am on 9, one more to go. 6 of them putt with the Soft Banger GT, 7 of them use the FLX Buzzz, and nearly all of them have had the most success with the 150class Sidewinder or the Leopard and throw one or the other, if not both. my wife is one of the only ones that doesn't use the leopard or sidewinder, but likes the Stalker quite a bit.
165-170 Roadrunners.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968