www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If the basket was invented in the early to mid seventies to accomodate the super class disc, shouldnt it be made smaller for modern putters? Look at the size of a golf ball compared to the hole. We have it way to easy. Id like to roll a disc into a laid over metal can so u have to use the terrain in the factor.

Views: 255

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

More Chains !!!!!! Less bounce outs and blow throughs !!!!!
Lighter outer chains, with the heavier inner chains would stop more bounce outs. It seems most of the bounce outs take advantage of the weight of the outer chains and use the tention from their weight as a spring to toss the disc back out. A lighter outer chain would tend to allow the rotation of the disc to wrap the chain and pull the disc into the basket. I like the DGA Mach III and V's, with the chains around the post, they seem to keep the discs from bouncing out off of the post.

Donny Olow said:
More Chains !!!!!! Less bounce outs and blow throughs !!!!!
Ben Hogan had a famous quote I always liked as a ball golfer. I don't remember it verbatim anymore, but he said he thought putts should only count as a half a stroke each. I still agree, putting SUCKS in ball golf. If the holes were bigger the game would be way more fun IMO. Try saying you want smaller baskets after a bad day of putting. We all have those days, who needs them to be any worse? Not me!.
Do we really need a 'better mouse trap' ????
When the mouse keeps snaking the cheese and getting away.....then yes! LOL!
Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Mike said:
When the mouse keeps snaking the cheese and getting away.....then yes! LOL!
Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:

True, True LOL!!!!!
I couldn't disagree more. What would your strategy be on replacing every basket on the planet?
There's LOTS of bailout money being used for EVERYTHING! Maybe we could apply!
Yeah..I agree as well. Maybe start introducing a "better" design of chain that catches the disc and causes less spit outs. I've just taken that as part of the game.. It happens. I think buying the "improved" chain sets from the target's manufacturer to update the old ones, would be a better bet. (and a lot cheaper)
Hey Mike.....I've got some GREAT new baskets with a GREAT design! Come on up and play them this summer!
wheres my carbon fiber discs as well then ?!!?!
:)

I say leave them be, but I don't think it would necessitate replacing every basket out there if they did get an update.
Chains are fine. make a deeper basket and make it wider

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968