www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm curious to know what everyones first choice is for an upshot about 100 - 200 ft wide open? Big hyzer, straight floater w nose up, anhyzer, flic, straight and flat, etc..... Definitely looking to improve this part of my game so any pointers r greatly appreciated :)

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It helps, and it might be eye-opening.  The first time I played putters only was a complete accident.  I thought my bag was in the car, but when I got to the course I only had a pair of new putters.  Being lazy, I didn't want to drive home and played putter only.  I scored pretty well, and learned that if I put enough height on the shot, I could get pretty decent distance with them.  The nose up stall is a great shot to have in the bag, I'm still working on it myself.  

Threw a few holes w/ putters today to warm up before handis and was so surprised to be parking holes about 280 - 300ft.  You might be on to something Hippy! :)

I can play parkside with  putters and shoot 5-6 under!!!! Sometimes I don't even know why I carry my bag!!!! I have different break ins!!! All Aviar!!! 1 broken in real good for anny's , 1  fairly new for straight shots and 1 champion( stable) for hyzers!!!! Even throw a putter on Northside 18 from longs with right conditions!!!!! Do it man!!!!

Forehand dominant for approach shots.

Sadly, I played in the local Ice Bowl on Saturday and my upshots sucked. The wind was very strong and I just wasn't forceful enough with the upshot. So I let the nose get up just a touch and ended up having way too many 30+ foot putts. The problem wasn't so much my technique as the execution of that technique. I got too timid and paid the price. Sometimes a 40 mph wind in your face can make you second guess things. I only bogeyed two holes on the back nine which pretty much played with a tailwind.

By hyzer bomb I was referring to a backhand shot in my other post. I don't really forehand hyzer bomb at all. Within a certain distance (say 150 feet and in) I don't feel very comfortable with a backhand shot. I have much better touch and control with the forehand shot so that is why I use it for a lot of upshots. From a bit deeper I might go with a Star TeeBird hyzer bomb shot (backhand).

forehand for me, aim about 10-15' left and let it fade in. Wind and distance out dictate what disc I'm throwing.

I'm with you. Man, if I only could have figured the wind out the other day.

Im finding it much easier to throw a stable putter flat or on a slight hyzer and let it hyzer into the basket. Seems much more predictable

Putter love!!!!!! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968