www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm curious to know what everyones first choice is for an upshot about 100 - 200 ft wide open? Big hyzer, straight floater w nose up, anhyzer, flic, straight and flat, etc..... Definitely looking to improve this part of my game so any pointers r greatly appreciated :)

Views: 468

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Super Roc

I havent been playing for that long but i would use my Star Dart or my Star Marino Roc thats well broken in, it all depends on how the wind is affecting my shot.  If there isnt any wind or it is at my back i like to throw the Dart, it just seems to be more graceful in the air and stops where it lands, even if I throw anhyzer and it doesnt flatten out it will usually stay but and not get a nasy roll out.  If the wind is against me, well ill Roc it up

I was looking more for how you throw the disc rather than what particular disc you throw.

Being an old Frisbee player, I prefer a line drive with a soft understable putter. 

Straight at it!!!! Depending on obstacles of course!!!! I always throw at it!!!!

Depends on how im playing, if im putting good that day ill go right at it with a putter and give it a shot. If not ill hyzer a mid and land safely within the circle.

I go right at the basket in that situation. But if it's far enough to where my putter might start turning before it gets near the basket I might throw it slightly to the left of the basket (I'm LHBH). Really depends though

I throw my Super Roc straight at it from 200' and in.

As with many shots, it's what works best for you, which always feels like a cop-out of an answer, but hey.

When I'm for sure going for the upshot, I throw a nice easy hyzer with a beat D-Zone. The hyzer has just always felt more natural and consistent to me.

Do you throw it straight and flat or with nose up?  I've recently noticed a lot of guys throwing straight w/ nose up and the disc just stays in the air forever and stalls right at the basket.  Beautiful and effortless looking shot, but I haven't been able to duplicate it.

I learned playing catch with a Frisbee, slightly with nose up. Air bounce like for the stall.

gotta factor in wind, and is there any obstacles behind the basket? soft dirt around basket or thick grass? If not  and if no wind.. I would throw straight and flat and low.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968