www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm curious to know what everyones first choice is for an upshot about 100 - 200 ft wide open? Big hyzer, straight floater w nose up, anhyzer, flic, straight and flat, etc..... Definitely looking to improve this part of my game so any pointers r greatly appreciated :)

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It helps, and it might be eye-opening.  The first time I played putters only was a complete accident.  I thought my bag was in the car, but when I got to the course I only had a pair of new putters.  Being lazy, I didn't want to drive home and played putter only.  I scored pretty well, and learned that if I put enough height on the shot, I could get pretty decent distance with them.  The nose up stall is a great shot to have in the bag, I'm still working on it myself.  

Threw a few holes w/ putters today to warm up before handis and was so surprised to be parking holes about 280 - 300ft.  You might be on to something Hippy! :)

I can play parkside with  putters and shoot 5-6 under!!!! Sometimes I don't even know why I carry my bag!!!! I have different break ins!!! All Aviar!!! 1 broken in real good for anny's , 1  fairly new for straight shots and 1 champion( stable) for hyzers!!!! Even throw a putter on Northside 18 from longs with right conditions!!!!! Do it man!!!!

Forehand dominant for approach shots.

Sadly, I played in the local Ice Bowl on Saturday and my upshots sucked. The wind was very strong and I just wasn't forceful enough with the upshot. So I let the nose get up just a touch and ended up having way too many 30+ foot putts. The problem wasn't so much my technique as the execution of that technique. I got too timid and paid the price. Sometimes a 40 mph wind in your face can make you second guess things. I only bogeyed two holes on the back nine which pretty much played with a tailwind.

By hyzer bomb I was referring to a backhand shot in my other post. I don't really forehand hyzer bomb at all. Within a certain distance (say 150 feet and in) I don't feel very comfortable with a backhand shot. I have much better touch and control with the forehand shot so that is why I use it for a lot of upshots. From a bit deeper I might go with a Star TeeBird hyzer bomb shot (backhand).

forehand for me, aim about 10-15' left and let it fade in. Wind and distance out dictate what disc I'm throwing.

I'm with you. Man, if I only could have figured the wind out the other day.

Im finding it much easier to throw a stable putter flat or on a slight hyzer and let it hyzer into the basket. Seems much more predictable

Putter love!!!!!! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968