www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Wednesday, October 7, begins several days of live disc golf Web-TV coverage of the PDGA's United States Disc Golf Championships (USDGC).

You can sign up and pay a donation to watch (recommended) or you can just sign up for free. We signed up and we're really looking forward to coverage beginning today (Wednesday, at about 11:15 am Eastern time.

As we wait to watch the coverage, there is a camera aimed at the tee for one of the holes and it is fun watching players warm up and greet each other. Don't miss out on this very significant disc golf event!

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great first coverage,Billy Crump's play by play coverage,4 hours of coverage after problems,waiting for Thursday's coverage.
I was able to watch earlier today around 3:45....now it won't load at all.....the loading icon just keeps going and going...make it stop!!!....argggggg!!!
I didn't get much work done all morning as I watched and listened to the tournament and Billy Crump does a great job. It did drop briefly a couple of times, but came right back up. I use Explorer. It was very slow to register and get on.
Coverage must have ended at 6......bet there's still a group or two out on the course too now at 6:30 ....should be finishing up....the 2 o'clock group.

watching the groups earlier finishing on 18 .....they all were well into 4+ hours of play.
I watched an hour or so of the first day. The commentators were great (Billy Crump, Terry Miller, Jim Oates) but the video quality was poor, really poor. Poor by camera phone standards. Whoever is doing the camera work should watch what is being shown on the screen. I saw film coverage of holes #17 and #18. I know those holes but I still couldn't figure out what was happening.
I agree to an extent. Cool that we have it like this and ofcourse there are a few kinks in the cable but it will get better.
I do think that the people who are running the camera's or the ones who monitors it(Troddy?) should check out the light or if the lens is dirty[camera that is in the water at hole#17?).
And the moment you film against the light(tee of #17) put a filter there otherwise we see nothing but a lot of light...
Now it is all situated around the clubhouse because of the cables. 17 would be cool to watch at if it was clearer. 18 is kinda weak to look at. 3 would be cooler if it was shot from behind the basket, same as 1...

But I am happy that we have it!!!

They had it at the Vibram Open but not at the Worlds....Time to step up!
If you're watching, I recommend opening the Live Chat window in DGRUS while you do - and telling others to join you there. It's great to be able to chat and comment (in a way that others can see) while watching.
I watched for about three hours yesterday. I got cut off only once and enjoyed watching the broadcast. There were a few bugs as with anything new, commentators not knowing when they were live, but it got better as the day went on. The important thing is that disc golf is out there live on the internet. What a great giant step for our sport. I'm sure as the week goes on the bugs will work out. The biggest thing to remember is that the funds to broadcast this are limited. The more sponsors that get on board in the future the better it will get. Hell maybe we could be seeing it on ESPN one day, but first the baby steps. Thanks to all who made this possible.
Turned it on and got to see what they had to show. Mostly it was just conversation with the marketing guy, and not much disc golf. They covered the short hole #1, and #17 since they are next to one another. After all the players had teed off the took the camera over to # 18 and shot some of players finishing up. They said that the next couple days it would get better and that they would show some of the other holes at the USDGC. It would have been great to just be there. Played the 97 World's there, it is a really tough course.
The PDGC WILL AIR AGAIN AT 12:15 PM EST. Thought I would let others know it. Lets talk about those whom are playing. have a good one and tune in to get a spot while it is up. It should go pretty well today, and tomorrow even better.
Looking forward to today ! I want to see those big names that didn't do so hot yesterday really redeem themselves. I also want to see if the hot shooters from yesterday can live up to the shooting they did. I enjoyed the audio parts we weren't supposed to hear yesterday. But I really enjoyed the hole commentating by Billy Crump.That's something they should do more of. I'm sure in the coming years .. they'll get the funding for HD camera's and birds nest camera shots down the fairways. ... now that will be even more incredible. All they need is one of those telephone cable trucks to jack the camera man 50 feet in the air !!
is it just me or did Billy Crump single handedly save that broadcast yesterday...I was about 2 seconds from turning the thing off after only seeing tee shots whitout the flight and not knowing who was doing what and lots of sponsor thanking...frankly i was just bored...and then billy crump took over and i was right back into it. Thanks Billy!!! I hope i get to see alot more of you over the tournement

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968