www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just today I received a brand new 162 gram Wraith to replace one I'd lost. I am on vacation this week so I decided to throw a solo round at North Water Tower park here in Sarasota. less than halfway through my round the new wraith found it's way into middle of the crown of fronds topping off a cabbage palm. With overlapping fronds blocking out thrown objects from the bottom and sides I was about to give up. I thought about things and it occurred to me that a telescoping fishing pole, (the kind made for bobber fishing for panfish)  would be very handy. Less than 30 minutes later I returned to the spot after a quick trip to Wally World's sporting goods department. I got a 13 foot Shakespeare Durango fishing pole for about $8. It worked perfectly to reach up between the fronds and to lift the disc by the rim. Later on I was doubly happy because one of my drives sent the same disc into the clutches of a Live Oak branch which looms about 12 feet above the fairway. The kids accross the way were already discussing how they'd get it out later when I arrived with my handy dandy walking stick and got it down. When not telescoped It's about 4 feet long, and very lightweight.

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I might just have to go to Walmart and get me one of those. For $8 it would be well worth it.
Damn, I feel like an idiot, I called Jamie Duane, I suppose I got a little mixed up with the last name. Sorry about that Jamie.
don't forget the lag hook and the hose clamps.
I will let you know when Todd, my in-laws have a condo out on longboat key, we'll be coming down when my daughter gets spring break.
zzawright...I'm often called other things too.
Got one of those in the bag...folding model plus marbles.....ya never know when you're going to need your marbles.
Sounds good!
Throwing shit to get one from the top or crown of a palm tree is fruitless at best. Even with the sling shot and a deadly aim like I have...doesn't typically work unless, it's not completely wedged and I can get a clean shot at the inside if the rim. Most of the time it's just a waste of marbles...the pole works the best as long as it's not super high. Some of those palms can grow pretty tall.
For me, it saved my new Wraith twice which I paid 11.50 plus shipping so call it 14.50 x2 = 29.00 minus $8.00 at Wal Mart. Net savings $21.00. With my paycheck that's a winner all day long LOL.
Just for the heck of it, I weighed it on my digital scale. It's just over 203 grams, so less than 2 discs weight added to your supplies.
baseball of water bottle
What's the name of this course in Sarasota?? I might want to check it out...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968