www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm think it would be a good idea to make women specific disc golf instructional videos..

Whether it be a Discraft or Innova inspired....or some other collaboration...I think it would be great to get tips from the Pro Women. Odds are, there are women out there who have a vague interest in disc golf...but when they check out YouTube vids on how to play, they see the way lot of big arms and men do it. However, when they go to the course to try and refine their skills, they do not see results any where close to those of the men. So why not have videos of what the Pro Women are doing to shoot the low scores they do!! --YouTube is free which means free advertising for the Companies...it can't hurt right????

If I was good enough I'd try and do this myself, but we really need to see the Pros! 

Anyways, just a thought

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My friend Ashleigh found the ladies more entertaining then Barry's 1100 round on the vibram DVD.
She's asked a few times about ladies technique vids....
nothing would make me happier than to see more women in the disc golf scene, almost anywhere i look at the golf course it's a sausage fest, don't get me wrong that is a lot of fun, but it really does get old after a while
I feel like one of the biggest ways to get women involved is actually through men. And by that I mean the quality and character of men involved. The tournaments my girlfriend has been to she has been rather displeased with male competitors and their actions stating "No wonder there aren't more women in this sport."

So fellas, we have to step up before more women will step out.
IMO,lack of proper instruction is what keeps females out. The whole torque monkey throw isn't going to do for most ladies. Most players are unaware of basic technique. By the time they are good enough to teach, many have moved on to organized play and may only have limited time to teach- or don't feel qualified to give advice.
It seems the majority of ladies learn from their so.
I'm no good, but my bro's gf has really listened- her one step with a comet is looking very clean. IMHO she has the best form of my brothers group even though she throws the shortest.
I think it would be Great to have women specific disc golf instructional videos. I know some who would really appreciate it !!!
Reid, I'm not sure where you're from, but times are a changin round here- at cass or ponds, one will usually see about one lady for every eight guys:) each has it's competitive women but most are casual.
girls equals more girls. Ever take your girl to a bar and she's the only girl?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968