www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, so they suck, when you are the only person who plays disc golf! Come on, ya know. You're all lounging around and you've already been to the beach and the local downtown shops 50 frickin times in the past 3 days. So hey! you guys want to go play some disc golf? It's one of the best courses in the state and they rent discs! Come on...lets go!..... Silence....then the curled upper lip. Ya, know the old "turd under the nose" look. Aaaaahhhh...naw....sounds fun, but.....HEY! lets go to the beach! Oh, and we can also check out downtown OB. Ya!!!! great idea! Wooo hooooo! lets GO!

Man, vacations suck!lol!

OK, I had to vent. One of the worst vacations I've ever been on.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Big Ben....Parliament!!
I guess I am lucky, my GF does play with me when we go on vacation. She played the shorter DGC in Daytona several mornings after I played with Jamie on the long DGC in Daytona.
It's your vacation too, don't waste it, play a solo round or two.
On vacation days I try to get in an early round, then spend the rest of the day with the family. Fortunately my family likes to sleep in so the timing works well.

One of the advantages of playing tournaments is you meet lots of golfers from all over. If I am traveling for business or pleasure I contact whoever lives in that area and see what I can set up.
Thats the way to do it.
Guess I'm lucky then. Just got back from Maryland and played 2 courses there and even ending up in an unofficial tourny one morning. Also played Codorus State Park in PA. Hardest freaking course I've ever seen from the blue tees, but fun.
Although my wife will play with me on our vacations (the kids go to grandma) I always try to get in touch with the local players and clubs ahead of time to set up casual rounds, get in on league nights, and have some fun playing with the locals (as I'm doing in a about a week in NW Florida)--it always makes 'foreign' courses more fun when you get to play with locals!
Your doing it wrong!
I'm right there with you most of the time. Except when I go to my parents house. I was lucky enough to get my dad addicted to the sport. So every time I head to Georgia I get to play a ton of disc golf.
You need to play solo,leave early enough if only one car.Be the driver and the destination should be the dg course.They play/carry your bag or sit in the car.Enjoy your vacation!!
My family goes up to torch lake about an hour trip from traverse city and me my brother and my dad play hickory hills and my other brother and my mom get dropped at the beach so it works out great.
Whats this vacation word you speak of ? Wish I could take one : (

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968