www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How many different styles of baskets do you encounter in your regular course regiment?

What are your favorites?

Tags: baskets, chains, disc, golf, hat, miss, nub, skill, solid, targets, More…variety

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my local area we have Discatcher Pros, Discatcher Sports, Mach 5's and Mach 3's. In order of preference for me:

Discatcher Pro
Mach 5
Discatcher Sport
Mach 3

These Wheels help on heavy portables when moving.

Look at all those baskets. New, shiny and lovely. None of them catch for diddly squat.
disc catchers , mach lites , bonk-a-jen , and i just finished makeing a clank-a jen . similar to a bonk-a- jen but with aluminum poles rather than bamboo so it clacks louder when you hit it .
I don't remember the brand name but the original UCF baskets were even worse than Mach I. Yellow plastic chains held tight by what looked a like a donut used by baseball batters on-deck. Putts that went high could blow right through and putts that were too week would get rejected by the tight chains.
I love the Titan by Gateway. They're nice and deep, and the chains reach out and grab discs. Well, maybe it just seems that way. =)

http://www.gdstour.com/gateway_titan_portable_disc_golf_basket.php
Sounds like Diddly...could use some putting confidence! HA!
Reading a reply about dome topped reminded me of the original Gainesville Northside Park baskets. They were dome topped but some of them also had a regular light bulb socket in them for night golf.
these are going to start showing up at mackenzie park.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968