www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

How many different styles of baskets do you encounter in your regular course regiment?

What are your favorites?

Tags: baskets, chains, disc, golf, hat, miss, nub, skill, solid, targets, More…variety

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

J.Mac said:
The Pole Holes Rockledge had were moved to F. Burton Park in Cocoa. They are the Original Mach 1's, with the official DGA after-market conversion kits. Yup, DGA made the conversion kits with bolt-on chains to compensate for pass-throughs as golf discs evolved from Midnight Flyers to Eagles and Aeros. Soon after, DGA made the Original Mach II's. Same as the converted Mach I's, but without the bolts. Today's small diameter putters can pass through those baskets pretty easily, especially if the smaller guage baskets are bent at all. All of these baskets are over 25 years old now. They are historic antiques. I have to use a special wussy putt on these baskets.

That's right the Rockledge Baskets are at Burton now. You know I played there once right after it opened....520 road work had that place flooded...the skeeters were the size of humming birds...I made thru 10 or 11 holes then called quits.
Thinking about doing the ice bowl thing there coming up. I heard the drainage issue has some what been fixed.
Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
I had a few that did that..one I remember. I was 20 feet, I fired one in hard...missed chains, hit the back of the can...was watching it spin around and around as I walked up....to pop out at my feet as I got next to it. Should've caught it.

Can't touch it 'til it comes to rest, cheater. JK LOL
Atrain said:
I had a few that did that..one I remember. I was 20 feet, I fired one in hard...missed chains, hit the back of the can...was watching it spin around and around as I walked up....to pop out at my feet as I got next to it. Should've caught it.

Can't touch it 'til it comes to rest, cheater. JK LOL

LOL!!!
Yeah, the flooding doesn't happen as much, but the mosquitoes are still there. They play doubles on Friday evenings. I usually end up paying more for bug spray than the entry fee. I would not go there in the summer without DEET.

J.Mac said:
The Pole Holes Rockledge had were moved to F. Burton Park in Cocoa. They are the Original Mach 1's, with the official DGA after-market conversion kits. Yup, DGA made the conversion kits with bolt-on chains to compensate for pass-throughs as golf discs evolved from Midnight Flyers to Eagles and Aeros. Soon after, DGA made the Original Mach II's. Same as the converted Mach I's, but without the bolts. Today's small diameter putters can pass through those baskets pretty easily, especially if the smaller guage baskets are bent at all. All of these baskets are over 25 years old now. They are historic antiques. I have to use a special wussy putt on these baskets.

That's right the Rockledge Baskets are at Burton now. You know I played there once right after it opened....520 road work had that place flooded...the skeeters were the size of humming birds...I made thru 10 or 11 holes then called quits.
Thinking about doing the ice bowl thing there coming up. I heard the drainage issue has some what been fixed.
If you can Putt on single chain baskets , everything else seems easier !!!!!
On the subject of baskets - here is an awesome collection of shots put together from pictures collected on here by FOZ about 1 year ago. If you haven't seen it - it's worth the look.

Find more videos like this on discgolfersR.us
Just to add some more descriptive confusion into the target mix, PDGA just released it's updated technical standards, thats includes targets. There are now three categories, Basic, Standard, Championship. You can read the tech notes and figure out what existing design fit into which category, but many people/clubs/tournaments will be surprised to see that most existing target sets will not qualify for Tier A sanctioning.
Mention of the old Mach I in this thread, they would lake in the Standard catergory being qualified for Tier B status.
m
they'll be making exceptions to that stuff immediately.
Fan...Freaking...tastic Video.....If a picture is worth 1000 words..That's a novel!!!

Great Photography!!!! Awesome! Thanks for posting it!

Now I got to find my way to some of those west coast courses!

My "home" course has basically all Mach 3's but there were a couple off brand baskets that we had on two holes. They did not react well because the inner chains were tied to the outer chains (or I think it was just one chain looped). Last year we ordered the two rings that come standard on the Mach 3's and retrofitted those baskets to look and play just like Mach 3's. Way better now. Before the discs could pass through easily and the chains had a real dull sound. Now all is good. I'm not sure what those other baskets are but in their original configuration they suck.
the Gateway TITAN is the best

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968