www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

If you have ever played here, It's simple. You have said good bye to a disc. Some go over fences, land on rooftops, water, Dukes, or hit in any other of the dumbest spots to land.

Well, I've done it again. Brand new Star-Valk and an old CH-tye dye-Reeper. 03-27-09
It really sucks to me sometimes. I know I'll never see these disc again. I know this because I have "missplaced" a few at Vista and the only ones that turn up or get called in are the ones I didn't care to lose to begin with.

This post is for any that plays the Scottsdale or any other AZ coarses and finds a disc with a name and number on it. Be kind and call a guy.

" I WANT MINE DISC BACK!!!" and I'm sure others do to!
Adrienn "GROOVY" Blackburn_480-544-7758

Tags: Arizona, Blackburn, Camino, Scottsdale, Vista, del, my, stuff

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try Spinners on the Green !!!!! They have a Lost and Found !!!!
I love going to Spinners. I have one in their lost and found now but, they never get the ones I want back.
I remember playing the Memorial one year and I was watching a friends shot, all of a sudden this guy runs out and grabs his disc ans start running off with it...it was funny and sad at the same time. Later that day we were all at Spinners and who would walk in but the same guy trying to sell the disc...needless to say he didn't make the sell and my friend got his disc back.
Guys, I know all about the store, website, and A few that sell from their truck. My gripe is that Well, I don't really have a gripe. I'm just finding more ways to get my name out there.
When I started playing there was a code amoung golfers to call if a number was on the disc or turn in finds to the local disc store. I still follow these practices and wish more players would as well. It seems the world has moved on to a huge game of finders keepers. I don't mind paying a finders fee for my lost and your find. It's only fair anyway.
I know a bunch of people on the "lost and found" list right now and it seems that the more people remember your name, stamp or PDGA #. the more of a chance you have of getting your most wanteds back.
But, thanks golfers for the tips.

As for funny spinners stories,. I remember being two minutes away from seeing a guy walk in with a bag of disc to sell and the true owner of the bag was in the store talking to Keith about how someone just stole his bag. The cops were driving away when I walk in and asked what happened.
See, people have lost respect in many ways.
Well good luck with that thought of yours, unfortunately the people around the vista Del Camino course that pull disc's out of the water are a bunch of bottom feeder's IMO. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect for Dan, Russel & Keith for all they do for the disc golf community in Scottsdale, Az. as well as the local players, but I have never scene a place where people try so hard to make a buck off of someones misfortune...it's like a way of life around that course.
So here's a question:

I'm going to be in the Phoenix area next week and am looking for a good couple places to play, and Vista was on my list. Is it worth playing?
Yes , Vista is a Fun course . Also try to play Fountain Hills !!!
Eric Clauder said:
So here's a question:

I'm going to be in the Phoenix area next week and am looking for a good couple places to play, and Vista was on my list. Is it worth playing?
Vista is a good coarse. I would like to say Go Foutain Hills! nice.Windy and ,you'll see. bring extra disc. watch for hole 2,6,7,8 but, thats just me and my problem spots. Also try to change it up a bit. Check out Buffalo Ridge and Moure (Papago) park. If you are still around after the weekend; There's a free handicap league at Emerald in Mesa on Monday @ 5:30. Small little coarse but fun night time golf with great people. We like beer so, bring some!
Disc found. Thanks to whom ever turned in my reeper. I will be throwing it tonight @ Emerald park. Tonight is a league night. We now start @ 6 pm. This should give extra time if you weren't able to get there before. Please try to show a little early so we can get you on a card asap.
I'm playing Vista today. I played Fountain Hills yesterday, and got through only losing one disc. I felt pretty accomplished considering some of those basket placements. What a fun course though! Great views and that fountain is stellar! I'll probably play it again Thursday sometime.
Fountain is a great place. Sure, basket placement there is somewhat strange. If you like Vista you should come back to it Thursday @ 4:30. Everyone meets up at hole 12 behind Dukes bar. 5 bucks. a lot of fun and a lot a people.
Just played, got through without casualty to my bag! Woohoo! The Spinner's folks are really nice. We just played from hold 12 and that worked out fine. Pretty nice course. I think I like Fountain Hills from an aesthetic perspective better though. Still, Vista was fun.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968