www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey guys. This is my first post on here. I wanted to see what you guys thought of the discs that I throw. I'm fairly new to disc golf. Actually started playing about a year ago. SInce the first time I played I play about 3 times a week on average. Anyways, here are my discs and what I use them for.

1.Innova Champion Boss-175g - I use this for any hard hyzer shots I need to make. I usually throw it on a 10 o'clock anhyzer with alot of snap to get it to hyzer flip. Havent gotten the distance out of it so I dont use this for that many holes.

2. Innova Champion Teebird-175g - I just got this disc actually. Only played with it 3 times so far and I like what it does. Very straight and very easy to throw. Has a nice soft fade at the end. I can hyzer flip with this disc very well.

3. Discraft ESP Nuke-174g - I use this for my long distance shots when there is no head wind. Very nice hyzer flip disc. Very little effort is put into this disc for the distance it goes. Really like this disc.

4. Discraft ESP Flash 1st Run - 174g - This is my go to disc. Absolutely love the distance and the glide on this disc. I can park this disc on any hole up to 300ft. If you have never tried this disc you should.

5. Innova Star Orc- 172g - I havent thrown this disc all too much but from what I have it performs. Very nice hyzer disc with a lot of glide.

6. Innova Star Roadrunner- 173g- Use this for most of my anhyzer shots as well as rollers. I'm still working on throwing rollers but this one makes it alot easier.

7. Innova Star Wraith- 174g- Really great disc. Very controlable. Dices right through headwinds. Use it in high wind always and can get really good disctance with it as well. Tends to flip on me sometimes but I think that is in my release.

8. Discraft Nate Doss Sure ESP- 175g - Very good disc. Like to throw this disc alot at the driving range. Keep it out of my bag for now though.

9. Innova KC Pro Roc- 180g - Won this at a local tournament. Love it. Was having a hard time finding a mid range that I liked. This was it. This disc is nice and beat in and will go where ever I want it to go.

10. Innova KC Pro Roc- 177g- This a fairly new Roc that flies alittle more over stable than my other one. Really like it because if I put enough spin on the disc it will take a hard left fade.

11. Innova JK Pro Aviar-x - 174g - Go to putter. Love the dependability of this putter. It will go straight no matter what. Has a really gental fade to it.

12. Discraft Pro D Challenger - 173g- Go to putter for windy conditions. Its alittle harder to throw for me than my Aviar but when head winds are a problem I pull this one out.

13. Innova Star Rhyno- 173g- I just got this putter for Christmas because I wanted to try it out. I really like it for medium range approach shots or short holes with a fade to the left. I tend to use a modified power grip when I throw this one to utilize the thumb trac on the disc.

I know you all probably know all of this about these discs but like I said I just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Tags: Bag, In, discraft, discs, innova, the

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're good. under 15 is a good number. You know you don't need a bunch of discs, but you know you might need a couple more. Maybe switch out a driver for another midrange of your choice. Just saying. Thats what I would do. But you have everything covered. Good job. 

Since you want to lighten it up.. Take out two drivers to start. Decide which putter you like best. Learn it and carry it always. 

Roc

Roc

Aviar

Rhyno

Road Runner

Wraith

Nuke

Teebird

Side Note, Hyzer Flip: A disc that when thrown on a Hyzer line, will flip up into a Anhyzer line.

yes, develop you game with limited drivers until you really learn them, then add on. As a beginner if you are always changing discs you won't be able to figure out your issues if you are always changing disc. You won;t see any consistencies since all the discs do different things. Pick a one or two good hyser and one good ani disc and throw them exclusively for a month or two to really learn them, then expand.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968