www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

After a recent round, my buddy and I went the food store. In the well lit store we noticed that we had major dirt stains on the shoulders of our shirts. So tonight I'm going to wash the straps of my 3 bags.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can tell you from XP, wash them in a sink full of hot water and some oxy clean powder. After about 2 hours of soaking and periodically squeezing and stirring, drain the water and refill with clean hot water and squeeze and stir till you feel all the soap is out. Hang dry on a clothes hanger over the AC vent or in front of a fan. Very clean, no long term stitching damage, no funk water smell melting or plastic damage. I also treat my straps and bag with Camp Dry by Kiwi after every cleaning. Makes the water bead off my Innova Tourny bag and keeps the straps from soaking up water in the rain. Also allows for longer time between cleaning and fights any smells from us heavy sweaters, AKA, Salty Boys ahhaha
Im with You on this one Patrick... Houstons Humidity does make a nasty white film on everything after it dries... Hats, Shoulder straps hell even my shoes are crying.
Hey guys thanks for getting this post again... I was just considering doing it and didn't know which way it should be done. My straps are a year old... and they are getting my shirts pretty dirty... especially the one I got from the Canadian National Doubles... its lighter colored.

Time to get them washed :)
Also, if you use a shoulder bag you can do this little trick. I go to the local Target/Wal-Mart/Auto parts store and buy a cheap seat belt shoulder strap pad. You know the ones that go around the belt with velcro and act as padding for your shoulder belt. That way you have more padding for your bag strap and you just wash or replace the piece, not the whole strap. Plus you can always get new designs to change up your bag look for a couple of bucks.
And definately make an effort to have you strap(s) sit on you bag when you sit it down.
mark

No more ruined shirts after I got one of these!
No more fire ants on the straps or wet bag from the ground.
Cheap, folds, fits in any car, Most of team super G uses them.
I cannot brag about it enough, I play more rounds now!
Tournaments are butter with extra supplies and one finger operation...
http://www.clearwaterdiscgolfstore.com/ultra-compact-disc-cart-p-27...
I washed my bag and straps on gentle the other day and...WOW what a hug difference! No damage (to my quad shocks and carolina) and they look almost new, just some dirt stains on the bottom of the bag still, but wayyyy better than before. Forget the fancy ways of cleaning bags, all you need is an apartment size mini-washer apparently! Thanks for the thread guys!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968