www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking for an overstable midrange.  More overstable than my Buzz but not as overstable as a Drone.  I am looking for a good forehand midrange disc.  Does anyone have an opinion on these two discs?

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hornet is a great disc, but will get a little flippy with a strong forehand. I would guess the Z line would be a tad more stable and that would help.
I have no experience with the Wasp. I was in the Same boat as you though and went with the Hornet. Hated it at 1st, but stuck with it, now I have 2 in my bag. If you want an Overstable Mid in your bag that will Reliably Fade every time, the Hornet is My disc of choice. :)
Lat64 Opto Pain with a high dome and PLH. I was at http://www.dtworld.com/ on saturday and helped pick out one for a friend. My friend is 500' + thrower and uses the Pain for shots I would use drivers for. Hand pick a winner with the help of the staff and you'll get a power mid that won't flip.
Strong headwind would be 20+ mph?
Champ Gator
I would say go with the hornet if you are looking for a forehand mid.  The wasp is an awesome disc....that being said.  You should just get both and own the whole "Hive."  It is the complete package.

My Hornet works fairly well for forehand, straight with predictable fade to big sweeping forehand hysers around stuff.

I throw forehand too.  I carry 3 mids, all Buzzz's in different degrees of wear.  Unless there is a really strong wind, a fresh Z Buzzz is all the stability I want or need.  If I want a really hard turn (like a spike hyzer) or a skip, I just move up to a Z Crush (overstable driver).  Btw, a Crush is a really fine forehand control driver.

For strong winds I add either a Z Wasp or a Zone, depending on how strong the wind is.  My Zones are more overstable than Wasps but Wasps have more glide.  I have tested Hornets and most are more domey than Wasps or Zones.  A lot of forehanders prefer flat topped discs, as do I.

The longer you throw midranges forehand and the more practice you get at that shot, the smoother you will release it.  With a smoother release you get less flutter and won't want as overstable a disc.  So don't give up on Buzzz's.  A Buzzz will fly flat and straight in a way no overstable disc is capable of.

I have Thrown all.  I do like the New Hornet as it is a very stable Buzzz.

I'd go with the wasp if you like the buzzz. The buzzz came from the wasp so it flies the same. The hornet has a different feel and much more stable. I also like my drone a lot more than my hornet and can throw it further.

DGA Shockwave.
I use a fairway driver thrown lighter, mid ranges are not to be trusted to hyzer out. at least not for me the buzzz has a great straight shot forehand and awesome as a hyzer forehand get out of trouble shot. t-bird and trackers are about the same for me

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968