www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So ive just registered my first domain,

The ideas is next year we will have our first dg league and the domain will serve as the update centre for the league, as well as an advertisment for the sport.

In registereing i got a demo package of "SiteBuilder" which seems ok, on recommendations I installed wordpress, but that seems to make sites look like a blog which i dont really want.

Ive handcoded some monkey code for the main page, and thought its a good opportunity to skill myself up in some othet languages (Im a java programmer by proffesion)

what do any of you geeks recommemned,i dont have tons of time to learn new technologies, but i may as well learn something usefull that will get the site looking good quickly as well... your suggestions? 

ps- the site is dgleague.co.za , but its nothing to look at... yet ;)

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our club uses discgolfscene.com to keep our league stats
Yeah, just use DiscGolfScene, it is a great site, very clean and easy to use!
I'll just go ahead and 3rd this as that is everything we've used for leagues, tourneys, etc. It is an awesome resource....why invent the wheel again. We have our own site AND we use discgolfscene.com, they work in tandem pretty well for what we do.
yeah that all makes sense guys, BUT.. the purpose of the site is also to help promote and grow disc golf here in south africa.. you guys are decades ahead of us, but makes sense, ill check out disc golf scene and perhaps let that handle the stats side,

well for the record ill be learning php to build the new site
3 in a row.3rd light on a match..superstition/bad luck..good advice though.
You should of looked up Terry Calhoon,he was just in Africa.Might be of help,founder of this site.
Ahh pity, if he was near Johannesburg would of been nice to meet him. Kelly (who owns flyboy aviation in Atlanta) comes here from time to time .. his like a rock star to us :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968