www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know improving strength in your arms, shoulders, back, legs.. etc is helpful. I just got a set of "dumbbells" from a friend and I saw some exercises on the net. What do you do and what are the best free weight exercises for disc golf?

Tags: Weight, disc, golf, training

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good mornings can be done with dumbbells or with a barbell. The basic movement is to stand with your feet about shoulder width apart and your knees soft (not locked out). Bend forward at the waist like you are trying to touch your toes making sure you keep your back flat and abs tight. bend forward as far as is comfortable and then return to the starting position. Concentrate on your glutes, hamstrings and lower back in this exercise. Good multi muscle group exercise.
Jay K said:
Good mornings can be done with dumbbells or with a barbell. The basic movement is to stand with your feet about shoulder width apart and your knees soft (not locked out). Bend forward at the waist like you are trying to touch your toes making sure you keep your back flat and abs tight. bend forward as far as is comfortable and then return to the starting position. Concentrate on your glutes, hamstrings and lower back in this exercise. Good multi muscle group exercise. Thanks, I'll give 'em a try! Dendog
I really credit my fast improvement in discgolf to martial arts. Granted I am right now primarily throwing stationary, but some of our movements are almost the same. Once I hit a wall then I will concentrate on a three step approach. Here again the art I study has very similar movements.

Other than that I don't really work out. I ride a bike to work in the summer, sometimes run, meditate, but nothing really strenuous. I know if after a day of golf if my arm feels tired I was doing something wrong. I try not to use muscle as much, it seems to be working for me so far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968