www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i know what and how to throw a chicken wing and my buddy threw one today and he aced a 288 ft hole...   friggin sweet dudes!

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've seen guys mess around with it...but essentially, its a trick shot...but I'd love to see someone ace a hole with it!
Do you snap the disc off of your thumb with your palm facing down?
Well, come on now. You can't leave us hanging like that. What's a chicken wing and how do you throw it?
Grab the disc like a backhand, but the disc is upside down, extend your arm out pull your shoulder back and swing forward. Should look like a sidearm from shoulder high with the pad of the thumb being the pressure point underneath the rim (same spin as sidearm). Very akward, but doable.
thats exactly right ma' man and i swear it was freakin sick man
I'd leave the skin on. I think extra crispy works best because of the rougher texture. Before there was KC... there was KFC...
Winner winner chicken . . . . . . . . . . . .wing.
I just can't picture how anyone could throw a disc nearly 300' with a shot like that. Anyone have a video of someone throwing a chicken wing?
I have a friend who uses the chicken wing on a regular basis. I cringe every time he does it, especially if I'm his doubles partner.
I break mine out for laughs or some silly ass upshot on occassion, but I cannot imagine throwing one almost 300' (much less getting an ace while doing so). Trip out!
Ok...I THINK this video has the throw you are talking about :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNuC9tn0csc

1 minute 37 seconds into it.
ya ,there is a guy in san diego who drives with a chicken wing throw,its an approach shot,mostly to get over or around brush,,its an easy throw,for approach ,but as a drive its somthing to see

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968