www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anybody on the board throw westside discs? I have a 175 northman in a champion-like plastic. One of my favorite drivers. Flies pretty straight most of the flight with a touch of fade at the end. Handles wind pretty well. And the plastic is very tough stuff. I think they are made in the same factory as Lat 64, and lat's plastic is the best i've used.
I saw they just released the king and are working on releasing the boatman in the near future. Anyone lucky enought to throw either of these discs yet? What did you think?

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just got my King in the mail today, won't have a chance to throw it until tomorrow though.

I would say as of now the King is the most D I can get on any disc! I got one of each, I liked them so Much I had to order a bunch for me store! My favorite two are the King and the Sword!

http://stores.ebay.com/Grip-N-Rip-Disc-Golf-shop/Westside-/_i.html?...

I have thrown my buddies King a handful of times, felt like the Havoc, but just a tick faster, maybe. I love the Havoc, so the King felt great. They do sub out to Lat64 for some of the process. Felt like Opto plastic to me, tuff as nails, best plastic out there, IMO.
I heard Lat 64 makes Westside discs on their molds. So, they should be fairly similiar, unless I heard wrong??
I am pretty sure that they at least make them, though I think the molds might not be the same....  Both brands seem very nice!
Westside uses its own molds and uses Lat. 64 plastic. VIP is opto and Tournament is gold line. Also, if you happen to check out their flight ratings, the speed is 2 less than what is reported. Some have dubbed the King as "The First Speed 14 Driver!" It's really a speed 12 (Innova's system), and if you're not sure what the turn and fade are, this disc flies like a Destroyer with a touch more turn, so any guesses on how Westside's ratings system works are as good as mine.

aloha skipper , hey how does that sword fly . i have a king , but its is to over stable for me to use most of the time . i am also thinking of a northsman , how do they compair to the king ?

Dido on the King. It out throws my boss damn near by 50 ft. Surprisingly easy to throw too.
Threw it during a couple rounds this morning in TGL plastic. It feels very similar to the Havoc, but was a little less nose sensative. It liked a low line to hold it's speed, but didn't stall a quickly as a Havoc on higher apexes. Easy distance, very forgiving.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968