www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since it's 1000 degrees here in Texas now... I am just wondering what everyone wears to help keep yourself  looking and feeling cool? I have a couple Dickies Dri-Fit t-shirts that work pretty good. Other than that it's 100% cotton t's (dark colors cause of the dirt-shoulder-strap marks). I rock cargo shorts mostly... for the pockets.

Anyone else?

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when it is really hot, just shorts and shoes. When I wear shirts I don't know why but I like wearing Polos. I like them especially in a tourny because I feel like it has a good appearance and I love how they fit me. For shorts I like these wrangle camo carpenter shorts I got from wal mart. They're are just super comfortable, airy, and I got the camo not for the style but so I can get them dirty and not have to worry about them. Beige shorts don't dirty well...

Also I always carry extra socks for long games and to me nothing beats Merrils. I had two pairs and the one is brand new. The other pair have been through a 160 mile bike ride, hiking, climbing, to africa and back, martial arts, disc golf, europe, football, you name it I probably did it in that pair of shoes and its why when Vibram started making discs I jumped right aboard.
Cool... I got to check some of those shirts out... but it's hard to find 3xtalls.

So nobody is rockin' a Deep V on the course? HA HA HA!!
Attachments:
Dry Fit performance polo and tees are the way to go. I would also get good hiking socks and for bottoms i would wear gym shoes or a tougher material pair of shorts. It depends where i'm playing at. We have a wooded course that isn't super maintained so there is bushes,bugs,thorn bushes,and tons of nasty shit so wearing hiking pants is good. But on different courses that are actually maintained and groomed i dig the gym shorts.Wearing hats also help a lot.
Gold Bond!!! The key to staying dry!!! It feels like 1000 little pixies blowing on you when you put it on!!
Russell makes a 3XLT performance tee.
If you want to cheap out:
Target stores have a clearance rack, sometimes as much as 75% OFF!
Picked up wicking tee for $4!
Wrangler has some new rip-stop shorts that stay pretty darn dry ($14), and then any dry-fit shirt works well. You can find short-sleeve dry-fit shirts cheap, if you watch the sales. Cotton is the last thing I would wear in the summer.
Blue Jeans and A underarmor cotton feel shirt. Occasisonally I rock a long sleeve shirt even on those really hot days cause I hate sunscreen. I use quick dry socks and keen shoes that are water proof. I also am going to start wearing quick dry underwear.
what keens do you wear?
i rock the Skiskiyou Mid
I started with cotton, went to the high tech, dri-fit stuff (which is just polyester and logically should cost no more than cotton) and now back to cotton. I'm talking shirts here. Shorts later.

Polyester is clingy by nature. When you put a fat guy in a $50-$100 dri-fit tee shirt he resembles a sausage more than an athlete. I know. The Jimmy Dean Corporation once offered me a sponsorship.

A clingy shirt dries poorly since there is little air flow between the shirt and the skin. But a loose fitting cotton shirt dries out a little bit better and even if it cannot overcome the heat and humidity, at least doesn't cling with that distasteful clammy feeling. And really, what looks worse than a fat guy in tight clothes?

This last weekend I played a tournament in sweltering heat and humidity. Everybody, no matter the fabric they wore, was soaked in sweat from beginning to end. There is only so much that fabric can do. That is why God invented Fall. Compared to this even Winter looks good.

For shorts, I like the ones with the liner built in, like a swimming suit. They now make something called a "River Short" which is basically a swimming suit which looks like a cargo short made out of nylon or polyester and (of course) overpriced. I wear these as underwear even under business suits. People flip out when I drop trou in parking lots of disc golf courses, changing from suits to golfing outfits. Ok, maybe they aren't flipping out. Maybe they are gagging.
Mark,
Wear a size larger (loose fitting) helps with perspiration and comfort.
Agree with you about fall, can't wait for October in Florida!
I generally wear cotton tee and nylon Columbia cargo shorts with liners. I have several performance tees but they dry to fast it seems that the cotton stays wet once it gets wet and the moisture against my shin makes me feel cooler, when I wear the high performance tees I do not feel any cooler, but I may smell better.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968