www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since it's 1000 degrees here in Texas now... I am just wondering what everyone wears to help keep yourself  looking and feeling cool? I have a couple Dickies Dri-Fit t-shirts that work pretty good. Other than that it's 100% cotton t's (dark colors cause of the dirt-shoulder-strap marks). I rock cargo shorts mostly... for the pockets.

Anyone else?

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i seem to have a Nike unofficial spnosorship along with addidas haha I wear mostly nike dri fit shirts and basketball shorts with some sort of running shoe.
get dry fit shorts and boxer briefs. I know it sounds weird but they really help. ANYTHING COTTON SUCKS IN THE HEAT!
The Milo WP. They are pretty sweet.
I wish we shared the same weather. It gets pretty damned hot down here on the High Plains of NM. Santa Fe this time of year is like heaven on earth. Either way, Comfortable shorts and a dry-fit shirt is the way to go in the Summer time. Or shirtless if you are brave enough.
I get hot here in AK when it is over 20 degrees outside, so I'm always in t-shirt (not cotton - holds moisture) and shorts. I'm sure i'd wear the same in Texas...my birth state.
Amen! But, it doesn't have to be Nike's Dri-fit. Lot's of the major sportswear companies Ex-Officio, Patagonia, Adidas, UnderArmor, REI offers an equivalent store brand in wicking material that helps keep you dry down under. The key word is "wicking". That means the garment moves perspiration from the skin to the outside where evaporation can remove moisture. Someone may have trouble finding a specific brand, but if you can find any brand that you like and it says "wicking" in the description, you've probably found the right stuff.
Cargo shorts or moisture wicking cargo pants, columbia titanium and northface make excellent pants for DG. They are so light I wear them in the summer in hotter than h-e-double hyzer sticks. As far as shirts, the good kind of dg tourney shirts and dri fit polos are the best. The best place I have found for golf shirts is at Marshalls or Ross, any place like that. They have pga, nike and similar brand polos for roughly 7-10 bones. This is great of course, if you play tourneys in a state or org that requires anyone playing advanced and up to be wearing a collared shirt. This of course is not the case in NM but it is what I am used to having become a competitive player in FL. The best I have come across DG clothing wise is huklab and I prefer to support DG companies. I have DC, Innova and a DPS hats and they are pretty good, but you can pretty much count on me wearing my ex officio hat, that is antimicrobial, wicking and probably more technologically advanced than my car. They make excellent clothes if you have deep pockets, I would get some of those. And as far as what I believe is better between DC Innova and DPS, would have to be the DPS shut up and throw hat. Then the Innova dry weave flex and then anything else other than the DC hat, it is made of basically chino material and is not so great. The huklab newsboy hat is next on the list, which with my enormous and always hot dome, will have to be for the winter months only :)
These are some really great idea's...Thanks for posting. I found some George Forman 3X "Wicking" Polo's @ Walmart. Man... those are so much more cooler than a cotton t-shirt. I think I gonna try the swim trucks idea.... that sounds "breezy" ;)
New emerging Disc Golf Apparal Companies:

http://helixdg.com/shorts.html

http://offaxisdesign.com/
Discraft dri fits and cargo shorts or essential discs drifits

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968