www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since it's 1000 degrees here in Texas now... I am just wondering what everyone wears to help keep yourself  looking and feeling cool? I have a couple Dickies Dri-Fit t-shirts that work pretty good. Other than that it's 100% cotton t's (dark colors cause of the dirt-shoulder-strap marks). I rock cargo shorts mostly... for the pockets.

Anyone else?

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the performance polo from ScottEVest http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/polo_shirt.shtml
Dry Fit shirts work out well. Cargo shorts are the going thing.
dri fit polo and quicksilver swim trunks works great in hawaii.
DPS hats are wicking!
And lightweight...
Usually wear lightweight loose fitting athletic shorts or loose jams (bathing suit).
Wicking synthetic shirts... dry fit is best.

God I love Nor Cal and the Pacific North West. Were teeshirt, shorts and a sweater are a must. Your choice sounds good. Just know, the darker the color the more it will absorb the heat of the Sun.
Live here in Sunny Extremely hot and humid Florida in the summer time.
Whew!
But the winters are your spring time. Can't wait for October!
Wicking shirts and underwear, nylon shorts, merino wool socks (low cut) Merrell Chameleon low cut hiking shoes. At some point I will switch to hiking boots for extra support. I try to avoid cotton only because of the high humidity here. Once it gets wet it stays wet for a long time.
Even have wicking socks!
Our New Mexico weather at 7,000 ft is as close to perfect as one can ask for, but my optimal summer disc golf wardrobe consists of cargo shorts, a dry fit t-shirt, and a visor. Winter clothing consists of the same cargo shorts, wool socks, and a dry-fit long sleeve t-shirt (maybe a hoodie)--even if there is 2 feet of beautiful Rocky Mountain powder on the ground.
I prefer a tee and a pair of cargos that fit just above the knee, less abrasion and my movement is free. Good ole pair of lo-cut hikers and Im good to go.
I wear a 100% cotton super low tank top and wicking speedo...
I wish I was still in the NM weather. Counting down the days until I get back for State Dubs at Sipa

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968