www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have been throwing circles for about 4 years and have seen my share of crazy shots. One of the best was probably one of my first times discing, I was throwing at Kimball Pines, aka "Pinball Pines" near Battle Creek, MI. My buddy's friend who had been playing for years was showing me how to throw a roller because thats was my only option after shanking my drive. After some good instruction I proceeded to throw an okay roller but then it started veering hard right, rolled down a hill to the right and then went all the way straight across the parking lot headed for my car and suddenly did a 180 turn and took the same straight line back at least 50' to the fairway and landed gently a few feet inbounds. Definitely one of the crazier shots I have seen. The seasoned vet said it was one of the craziest shots he'd seen in over ten years of shooting.

Tags: crazy, crazy shot, shot

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roller Ace. Seen one not even close to the basket , hit a tree root , flip upside down and flew sideways into the basket !!!
skip off the bottom of a tall branch in to the basket bird ! i did that .
I was at Cold Brook dubs a couple weeks ago. Playing hole 12 I threw my usual putter shot short hyzer towards the tree in the middle so I could hit the ground and have an easy deuce. It just so happened that day there was a bunch of ice all over the course, and still is actually, which gave my disc the needed 25 foot skip up into the chains for my first ever cash ace. Most bizarre ace I've seen besides Earl Frazier's bh skip ace off a root on hole 14 at CB for the $160 league ace pool last year. Both throws were meant to be parked putter upshots that just got so lucky and JUMPED in the chains. Pretty cool stuff.
Playing in the Kansas version of the Olympics, my doubles partner reared back on Hole 10 at Crestivew Park in Topeka. The hole parallels a creek, and is in a forest of trees, some of which have fallen. There is a path probably 8' to 10' wide in parts. So, my doubles partner steps on the pad, goes in to his delivery, and releases. The disc starts to take a turn toward to the right, toward the creek. Luckily, there was a fallen tree to stop it's flight. Unluckily, the disc became wedged in the tree, a good 1" to 1.5" deep. The group we were with had never seen anything like it before. Luckily, we were playing best lie. Unluckily, my drive hit a tree 50' down the path and landed directly behind it. I hate that hole.
One of my buddies had a 50 foot putt, pulls out his blowfly. He putts a high put that lands flat on the top of the basket, hooks on one of the knubs on the back end and swings right into the basket
I was playing veterans park in Arlington Tx on hole #3 and one of my buds had been playing for about a year threw his drive with a brand new champ boss and hit a tree i saw some feathers fly and raised the big question of "what the hell?" we walked up and he beheaded a sparrow with is disc which was now covered in blood.. it was pretty sick to see.
League a couple of years ago. Nobody put in for the ace pool because there were only four or five of us. A friend of mine steps up on a 450' hole, bombs a huge left handed hyzer over the trees and skip aces the hole. Literally the best ace shot I have ever witnessed. Just a great shot. I would have never thought that anybody could ace that hole.
I think this qualifies

You just have to watch that one a couple of times. Love the backspin.
#00' hole 11a at Morley. Threw a Roc that missed the Ace by a foot high and right. Then it hits a flexi tree branch 5 feet behind the basket. The branch flexes and 'throws' the disc into the basket for my second ace on that hole in 13 days. WooHoo!
That reminds me of my second ace, we were having people (kids) steal some discs on hole #15 at Grand Woods Park in Lansing MI so we sent a spotter up to guard the discs. I had been ace-running the hole frequently and knew I had a decent shot but the new guy didn't say anything... He comes back to shoot and I'm like where's my disc? So he says over there ---> and points towards the basket... I'm almost to the corner where I could see it myself, I ask him again and he goes, "oh, in the basket" Thanks bud! :) He said that the disc was pretty much going in regardless, but that it had hit the tree branch funny and kind of slid down it and popped right in the basket. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968