www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm going to take a trip to Michigan in a few months and I want to play a bunch of sweet courses. What are the top ones? If you could only play one or two, which ones would you play? Thanks.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would make sure to play both courses @ Hudson Mills near Ann Arbor, one of which I believe is the oldest course in Michigan. Another great place to play is Ludington, which is located on the sandy beaches of Lake Michigan. There are now 4 courses there and this is where the Michigan State Championships are held every year. A few more areas to check out are Lansing, Kalamazoo, and Traverse City. I think it sorta depends on what type of course you like/want to throw. All of these areas have multiple courses so you may as well hit as many as possible.
just go straight down I-94 from west to east, hitting Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Albion, and Ann Arbor. im sure theres atleast 20.
Cass Benton, Hickory Hills, Myles Kimmerly
Coldbrook in Kzoo is my favorite!!!!! I love trees!!!
Don't forget Grand Rapids. There's a guy, Steve West, who has done some statistical analyses. I think he found that Grand Rapids is more disc golf course "course dense" than anywhere else in the country. Although I think Ann Arbor is amazing. I'm sitting here within 30 miles of something like 30 courses.

Actually, funny thing, I see Steve's image in the "Latest Activity" at the right side of this page. Hi, Steve. Did I remember that correctly?
Cass Benton is in Northville, just west of Detroit and is a GREAT course, definitely one of my favorites!!

Justin Wehrheim said:
Cass Benton, Hickory Hills, Myles Kimmerly
Great courses in Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Ann Arbor....Going north a little? Some courses in Grand Rapids, Midland, Mt. Pleasant...
I think that nothing can beat a summer weekend in Ludington. Hitting all three courses at Mason county, then the wooden beauty Leviathan, and short trip south to Flip City. Great beaches to rest your tired feet! some nice campgrounds adjacent to the beach, lot of nice beach motels for those less brave. ahh.....wish I was there now instead of the 12+ inches of snow!!!!
Maybe it would help to know where you will be heading. Are you driving here? There are just wayyy too many great courses peppered all over this state. Many are located close to main highway arteries so you don't have to drive far, but this is a big state.
Flip city! Hudson Mills! Victory Park! Ludington!
Wow. Where do you start? There are a wealth of fine courses in Michigan with new ones popping up every year. Here are my picks.

Top 4-Truly Special
Leviathon, Ludington
Flip City, Shelby, private course of Bill McKenzie
Bluegill, Wayland, private course of Joe Gill
Kensington Toboggan, Milford, temp course for major events

Next level-Superb courses, worthy of major tournament play

Hickory Hills, Traverse City
Original and Monster, Hudson Mills, Ann Arbor,
Kensington Tunnel, Milford
Rolling Hills, Ypsilanti
Fitzgerald, Grand Ledge
Grand Woods, Lansing
J-Bird Acres, St. Johns, private course of J-Bird Matthes
Independence Lake, Ann Arbor,
Discraft, Holly, private course of Jim Kenner
Cass Benton, Northville
Victory, Albion
Beast and Goliath, Ludington
Oshtemo, Oshtemo

There are other very good courses but the ones above come to mind as a step above. I'm probably missing some and there are a few courses I have not yet played.
I'm just trying to plan out a whole weekend of disc. No plans yet of where I will end up. I'll be coming from northeast Indiana so I will take I-69 up to Michigan then the sky is the limit. I'm trying to figure out a good loop so I'm not backtracking a lot. Thanks for the help so far everyone!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968