www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm going to take a trip to Michigan in a few months and I want to play a bunch of sweet courses. What are the top ones? If you could only play one or two, which ones would you play? Thanks.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well then, how many days and how many courses would like in your loop? Do you want to include tournaments or leagues or microbrews in your loop?

Barry M. said:
I'm just trying to plan out a whole weekend of disc. No plans yet of where I will end up. I'll be coming from northeast Indiana so I will take I-69 up to Michigan then the sky is the limit. I'm trying to figure out a good loop so I'm not backtracking a lot. Thanks for the help so far everyone!
Dang it, Mark. I just saw your first post and it unsettles me a great deal that I have not played three of what you consider to be the four top courses in Michigan. I may have to get out more this summer.
Well, I would say a long weekend. I would like to play all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Microbrews sound good. When is the Kensington Toboggan course open? Prolly no on tournaments because it will be my bachelor party/disc weekend. Thanks for the input.
Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
Don't forget Grand Rapids. There's a guy, Steve West, who has done some statistical analyses. I think he found that Grand Rapids is more disc golf course "course dense" than anywhere else in the country. Although I think Ann Arbor is amazing. I'm sitting here within 30 miles of something like 30 courses.

Actually, funny thing, I see Steve's image in the "Latest Activity" at the right side of this page. Hi, Steve. Did I remember that correctly?

GR does have alot going on, From my house it would take about 15 minutes to get to:

Brewer-36 holes
JC-18 holes
Old Farm-18 holes
Lamar-9 holes
Cascade-18 holes
Fallasburg-18 holes
Spring-9 holes
Garfield-18 poles
Hughes-18 poles
Johnson-18 poles

Brewer, JC, and Old Farm have a total of 72 holes within 10 minutes from each other (all three are great courses with a wide variety of short,long, open,wooded, with even a lil water thrown in at Old Farm)
Ludington/Shelby/Fremont area- that's the one place to go and get the best of the best and experience what Michigan has.

Hudson Mills

Riverbends/Stoney Creek

Hickory Hills

Cass Benton/Kensington

Brewer

Madeline Bertrand
I've played courses all over the nation, and Hickory Hills in Traverse City is one of my all time favorites.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought Stony Creek was the oldest in Michigan.
Stoney Creek was established in 1999, Grand Woods opened in 1985, Hudson Mills was 1992.

MIDiscGolfer said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought Stony Creek was the oldest in Michigan.
I am a Huge fan of riverside park in Grand Rapids. A couple very challenging water holes. I also like brewer a lot, the four 9 hole courses give you a nice chance to open up on a couple and also some wooded challenges.

Rock Out With My Roc Out said:
Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun said:
Don't forget Grand Rapids. There's a guy, Steve West, who has done some statistical analyses. I think he found that Grand Rapids is more disc golf course "course dense" than anywhere else in the country. Although I think Ann Arbor is amazing. I'm sitting here within 30 miles of something like 30 courses.

Actually, funny thing, I see Steve's image in the "Latest Activity" at the right side of this page. Hi, Steve. Did I remember that correctly?

GR does have alot going on, From my house it would take about 15 minutes to get to:

Brewer-36 holes
JC-18 holes
Old Farm-18 holes
Lamar-9 holes
Cascade-18 holes
Fallasburg-18 holes
Spring-9 holes
Garfield-18 poles
Hughes-18 poles
Johnson-18 poles

Brewer, JC, and Old Farm have a total of 72 holes within 10 minutes from each other (all three are great courses with a wide variety of short,long, open,wooded, with even a lil water thrown in at Old Farm)
Flip City- Shelby, MI
Leviathon & Beauty/Beast- Ludington, MI
Northend Riverside Park- Big Rapids, MI
Meyer Broadway (North course)- Three Rivers, MI
Branstrom Park- Freemont, MI
Kensington- Livonia, MI
Hudson Mills Metro Park- Dexter, MI
Wow, so many awesome courses and just one state. Another course that did not get mentioned is the Willowbrook Disc Golf Course, in Byron, MI. It is a par 72 course on a golf course, golf carts and all the amenities. If you are into playing an awesome course of this caliber then Byron is a for sure destination. Either way Michigan is a great place to spend a weekend of discin' no matter what courses you choose.

After playing Flip City, stop by the Tri Cities and play Tittabawasee Park in Freeland, Chippewa Banks in Midland and the new course in St. Charles. Two of the three are short but FUN. Midland has more length and is also FUN. And not to forget Blizzard Hills in Pinconning, that after the final 9 magically appear in June of 2009, a worth while trip 21 miles north of Bay City.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968