www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have an '08 Champion San Marino Roc I have been throwing for about a year now.  It is the only Roc I have, but I see there are other molds besides the San Marino like the Rancho and Ontario.
I am curious as to what the differences are between these molds when thrown.  Is one particular mold more overstable, stable, understable?
Also, what about the new Star Roc+...has anyone thrown one of these yet and how do they compare to the other three molds?

Views: 3156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been using a 2004 Super Roc, very stable Rancho. I use a 2005 SB Roc for short drives, holds hyzer well. I beleive that one is an Ontario.

Best disc ever made.

My favorite disc is a very old seasoned ontario dx roc,for some reason this disc has held on to the flight path real well even after 8 years of heavy use,i also throw a star san marino and it works great on those windy days when you need a little more stability.

I recently bought a San Marino Roc 180g. I chose the heavier weight because I bought a 167g Star Mako a few months ago and it seemed too light. The ROC is a bit too heavy and doesn't have much glide, but it is very useful on certain shots. I'm having a difficult time getting used to it. I wish I had gone with a lighter Roc.
I bought a Roc+ awhile back thinking the '+' meant the disc was overstable.  Boy was I wrong.  I don't care for it much either.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968