www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

At dps, delivery of smaller packages, are brought to the post office by the bicycle. It's good exercise too!

Also, if you have received any product from us you will notice reused packaging.

It saves us money and also less waste out there to make new packaging.

Packaging is one of the biggest waste products in the US.

Ever open a new appliance box. Lots of styrofoam going to waste along with paper, plastic wraps and the box.....

What is everybody else doing.

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I drive a car that gets 40 mph and make fuel out of potatoes.
Sounds like vodka.
Organic wizards are good for the environment!
I create long-lasting fresh-water circular artificial reefs in my course pond.   
I drink as much cheap draft beer as I can get ahold of to keep it out cow's hands errr, hooves rather.  Primarily to prevent all that methane from getting in to the atmosphere. Then walk home.(not really my choice, stupid blow-n-gow) Once it is dark, I will "deposit" it in the neighbors yard to save on toilet water. I would do it in my yard, but who wants their yard to smell like pee?
Not Driving to the course as much. Sad :(
When dps is not selling discs that day, sometimes ride the bike to the closest course to practice.

If it's brown flush it down. If it's yellow let it mellow.

Honestly, I think about everything that I come into contact with and I try to minimize my impact at all times. I recycle cardboard, paper, tin, aluminum, plastic and glass. I need to start riding the bike again. I used to live without a car but that was back in a much smaller town in Iowa where it was very easy to get around. I also try to reuse as much as possible. Sandwich bags are washed and reused and bread bags are saved and reused. Aluminum foil is reused if possible and then recycled. Half of the drinking glasses in my apartment were pickle or honey jars. After a while I recycle the old glasses and use some new ones.

We are truly a wasteful society but that can't go on forever. People do need to think about the big picture. For me that picture starts with me. Then multiply that by 300 million.

As a kid on the family farm there was not a lot of room for waste.

Reused almost everything.

There was not the weekly garbage pickup.

My grandparents and parents lived through the depression and war years.

Back then you did not realize it, but it made an early impression.

All kids should at least spend one summer on a 'farm.'

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968