www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

i lost my broke in wraith that was my go to disc on most holes. i need a new disc that will hold the anhyzer glide (if i'm stating that correctly) for most of its flight. Any suggestions?

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

IMO: the disc that most resembles a beat wraith when new is a DGA Rogue.......very fast, yet controllable......that said I would recommend getting several wraiths for your bag, as they beat in, you will have slightly different stabilities, then you'll have a "replacement" without starting from scratch!
A Z Glide, LE Comet, Avenger SS, Roadrummer, Monarch, Panther,Leopard (all in Champ plastic) Also go Discgolfreview.com. It has a ton of disc evals on it
Avenger SS, Monarch, Leopard.... any of these should set you right
For me the Sidewinder is a great turnover disc when new. It is great for hyzer flip shots.The Star plastic is less stable than Champion when new. Also recommend a Leopard. I carry both in my bag at all times.
My 2 favorites are a z glide and a z xpress.
thanks for all of the advice, i'll be picking up a DGA rogue and maybe a monarch

Monarchs work, sidewinders really work, and I've even seen the groove hold a steady anny....those would be for distances...Rocs, stingrays, and others hold it for short and midrange shots
I really need to get those two discs in my bag, I miss my monarch and I've seen some sweet sparkle Rogues do some work
I 2x this combo. This is all I use. The TL will fly and hold a line longer than you think it would.

"Jamestown" said:
Get a TL and ROC combo once you master them then you can play them all.
IN this order

Avenger SS (ESP)
Monarch
Valk. (Champ)
XL (anything other than Elite Z)

Why I put the Avenger on the top:

The Avenger SS does something I haven't seen another disc do. For a RHBH throw the disc will glide to the anhyzer angle not just turn that direction. If you were to look at the disc in flight the plate would appear to be flat however the disc will move in an anhyzer patter.

As for the monarch, I can't throw real far and this is my go to disc. It flies nice and straight for me with no anhyzer when thrown flat/slight hyzer. If you throw it anhyzer than it holds the line OK but as you can see if not my first choice. The Valk is a tough one. I can throw it on an anhyzer and get it to flex back hyzer at the end of the throw but it seems a little unpredictable.

The XL. This disc is near and dear to my heart. It is the first disc golf disc I have owned. I don't know the weight but it is Elite Pro plastic (No longer in production). It is more understable than a valk which makes it good as a straight flier when released with a strong Hyzer. As an anhyzer disc it seems to be a better roller than anything else as it tends to flip VERY easily for my weaker arm.

I would say to check out www.discgolfreview.com for some good insight into all of these discs. Just remember, choosing a disc is subjective. They fly slightly different for every one!
Roadrunner, all day brother.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968