www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was watching the Music City Open on youtube last night. Barry Schultz called Nikko Locastro out on a foot foul. It was an inside the circle putt. I NEVER saw EITHER of Nikko's feet leave the ground after watching over and over. But, someone in the group called the second on Barry's call, and Nikko had to re-putt. 

I looked in the PDGA Rulebook, but I didn't see exactly what constitutes a Foot Foul. Anyone????

Views: 836

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a request that the Q&As be posted in a single PDF that TDs can print and have on hand.

I know a Tom Foolery

Watching the vid.  Have not seen the call yet but Barry had a nice foot fault at 21:15.

Went and looked, definitely a foot fault.

Hopped, fit hit the ground and then he released the disc.

Where's the official!

Looked to me like the foot that should have been on the playing surface behind the mini was in the air before he threw.  Usually it is hard to tell if the foot is in the air or if the toe is touching, but from that angle, you would not be able to see the mini unless the foot was in the air. 

I 2nd it!

Replay!

So how is there  a FF at 50'?

Barry's foot hit the ground before he released the disc.

Seen Feldberg stepping forward on the outside of 33 running with the disc in his hand in front of the lie....

Also, your stance could be wrong.

You could fall forward hit the ground before you release the disc.... seen it happen.

Seen a player fall out of rough (trees, etc., and not release the disc in time).

Seen pro players, yes pro players who know better move branches and various shrub material to 'back in' to putt, :) that's a different call altogether....

All in all there is too much controversy.

And bickering. Find it amazing in those that know 'bend' the rules.

Most abide by them though.

FreezeFrame @22:15 shows the disc has left Barry's hand and neither foot is back on the ground. He did throw from the air, which isn't exactly legal but since he missed, would you really want to give him another putt?

No one calls anything if there is a miss.

Ever seen a call off a tee pad? 

Yes, but sarcastically after someone tripped and threw awkwardly before landing face first. "Uhhh . . .Face fault . . ."

When I finally got to Nikko's foot fault, it was not apparent on the video.  He must have had his other foot closer to the basket than his lie. 

It does not matter whether Barry's foot hit the ground before he threw at 21:15.  It is a foot fault because his foot was not on the ground behind his mini when he threw. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968