www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a bit over a month into the sport of DG. I have loved every second of it. This site, but mostly the people on it, have given me a Wealth of info that has helped me tremendously. One thing I have noticed is that it seems folks in the DG Community are either Very Brand Loyal to a particular brand of disc, OR, they have a Mix of brands in their bags. Just got me thinking..... Sorry if I am regurgitating a past post or something, BUT...........

What BRAND DISCS do YOU prefer and WHY??? Would love to hear from people on this Site. :) 

I myself saw the Innova starter pack and picked it up. REALLY loved the discs that came in it, so Innova is what I have stuck with. I am a VERY Brand Loyal person though. I find something I like, I will stick with it till the end of time... How bout you?????

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started just throwing Innova.  It is pretty difficult to find anything but Innova and Discraft at the stores around here, so I just stuck with Innova.  Their discs tend to be pretty true to the flight-paths they post on their website, so since I understood that, it made it easier when looking for a disc for a particular shot.  I branched out and tried the Lat 64 opto plastic and it is the bee's knees!  Grippy, insanely durable, and gorgeous.  So a few of their molds made it into my bag.  After that I started trying different brands.  I really dig the Gateway wizard.  They make some nice grippy discs and I like that in a putter.  I tried the Buzzz in a few different molds, but the Roc can do the same thing and stayed stable longer, so bye bye Buzzz.  And I dig Westside discs as well.  Their plastics is almost identical to Lat 64 a, so I like them for the same reasons =) 

I like my mixed bag, but Innova is still my favorite.  My brother still uses only Innova.  And honestly, he has no thoughts about changing that.  They DO make a disc for almost every shot.  So if you really dig their plastic, why not be brand loyal?   I prefer the variety though. 

You cant go wrong with buying American, especially when this might be the only example of the US version being cheaper...besides that, it will just come down to opinion on which company is better. Either of the big two have discs for everything you will need. Plastics are very similar and when it comes to the nitty gritty, if all the rocs got lost, folks would have no problem switching to buzzes and vice versa. You will learn to throw whatever you have. All that said, as soon as I start getting a paycheck from a specific company is exactly the moment I start limiting myself to just one company!

I was throwing ALL discraft for awhile, mainly because I live in Michigan, and their factory is a block away from my old house. 

I am not sticking with one company anymore, but anytime I see something by latitude 64, I feel like it will be great.  After what they have produced so far, i feel like I can trust their product.

I started throwing everything and still try to throw everything.  Some people will contend that a company has the answer for all the discs you need.  A big part of DG is preference and how things feel in your hand.  Once you have the mechanics and technique right, it don't matter what you put in your hands....just pick the correct stabilty for the shot.

It is the archer, not the arrow.

I have to agree with Sean Forty Putts.

It is the archer, not the arrow.  Great quote.

When I first started playing, the only company was innova that was available.  When I started back up, I was throwing Innova.  But I found the NUKE, and I mostly (95%) have Discraft.  Why the switch???  Don't know.  But I have bought and thrown other brands.  Throw what feels right to you.

My theory is that I'll keep playing Discraft until they pay me enough money to stop embarsing their name with my current level of play.  HaHaHaHa  LMAO

I don't always play disc golf but when I do I prefer discraft

Anything that feels good--my bag contains discs from Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Quest AT, and Latitude 64--loyalty to one brand, unless your getting paid for it, hurts a player's options to be creative...

If I had to choose one brand over others, it would be the that Sweedish outfit...

I throw Innova drivers and Discraft mids. 

Tried a Roc and didn't like it at all, people swear by them but they seem harder to learn than Buzzz.  I really like how the Buzzz and Wasp feel almost the same in the hand but give you different shot shapes.  Very user-friendly.

When I was learning the game I tried a Z-Avenger and it seemed really uncomfortable to throw it.  Tried a couple XLs but they seemed like dogs.  So I never really got into Discraft drivers after that. Have stuck with Innova drivers.  Love em.

As for the other manufacturers...One of my regular courses has lots of water hazard, and discs are irretrievable in there.  So I need discs that can be easily replaced.  The big two manufacturers are always well-stocked in the Am payout plastic at tourneys, so I can always find Innova replacements.  Placing high in a tourney is great but it takes some of the fun factor away if you have to use merch credit on discs you don't throw.

My first putter was a Discraft Magnet, so I kinda just stuck with them and added a couple Focus' to the bag for a change of stability. Other than that, I don't have any discraft that I carry anymore.

Innova Star plastic is reliable and breaks in well, so I have several molds by Innova. I have a couple of Champ molds as well, gummies if I can find them. Some of the Discmania stuff is real nice as well.

My fav has to be Lat 64 though. They seem to have their stuff together and are producing some of the best looking plastic out there. The feel is incredible, and the durability is second to none. They are filling the gaps in nicely to cover stability needs and different speeds. They are now also focusing on making discs that are friendly for my kids and marketing them that way. They just seem like a modern company marketing a modern game. If you like the Buzzz, give the Pain a try, it hasn't replaced my Roc yet, but time will tell.

I have thrown Innova plastic since 1982.
I have a mixed bag myself, mostly Innova but I've got several Discraft drivers(Nuke,Avenger ss, Reaper, and XS) I like the feel of the esp plastic, and they're very predictable in flight. I have several different kinds of putters, Gateway,Discraft, Millenium, and Innova. IMO if you're only throwing one brand of disc, you're limiting your options. Having said that I have a lot of friends who only throw Innova, mostly because that is what's available.

heres the breakdown:

Discraft drivers, discraft midranges, gateway putters.

innova makes one disc, and i will give this to them, that discraft cannot compete with. The Eagle!!! i carry 3: a champ eagle + (most stable), champ eagle x, and a champ eagle l

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968