www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a bit over a month into the sport of DG. I have loved every second of it. This site, but mostly the people on it, have given me a Wealth of info that has helped me tremendously. One thing I have noticed is that it seems folks in the DG Community are either Very Brand Loyal to a particular brand of disc, OR, they have a Mix of brands in their bags. Just got me thinking..... Sorry if I am regurgitating a past post or something, BUT...........

What BRAND DISCS do YOU prefer and WHY??? Would love to hear from people on this Site. :) 

I myself saw the Innova starter pack and picked it up. REALLY loved the discs that came in it, so Innova is what I have stuck with. I am a VERY Brand Loyal person though. I find something I like, I will stick with it till the end of time... How bout you?????

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I could start over right now, I would throw all DISCMANIA drivers. These are basically the improved INNOVA drivers. I would throw a DISCRAFT BUZZ for a midranger. Throw GATEWAY for putters. Each company is superior in their craft.
I am 100% innova guy. most of the brands i have never tried but discraft i have and idk theres just something about those discs i just dont like.. i carry 27 innova champion discs in my bag and probably the one i throw most is between the champion monster or the champion xcaliber. both great discs

its a given that discraft plastic is far superior in durability. Innova has better shapes, but they flip quicker. gateway leads the pack in grippy factor, especially for putters. The Discmania has grippy and fast plastic.

Ill throw only one brand a disc when some one pays me. Is anyone that posted getting paid to only throw one brand? your a disc companies wet dream. do you also only go to texaco for gas? walmart for groceries? brainwashed

"One thing I have noticed is that it seems folks in the DG Community are either Very Brand Loyal to a particular brand of disc, OR, they have a Mix of brands in their bags."

I've noticed that a lot of people are either from Around Here, OR, they are from Somewhere Else.  lol. 

Innova has the biggest share of the market.  Don't fall in love with any of their soft putters, though, unless you are going to buy a box full of them.  Seems like every year their soft plastic is radically different from the previous year.  Until the PDGA made a rule against it, they were also fine with making a new and different disc under the name of something they just discontinued, like the Beast.  Different mold, same name.  Obviously my brand loyalty is not with Innova. 

I am one of those guys that will try and play with everything, so I am always looking at different MFR's and trying their discs.  However, I am partial to a few brands.  For the most part I am a Discraft guy.  They are local to me, so not only am I helping keep money in the state of Michigan, I get to play with some of the freshest/best discs available.  I have some Innova discs in my bag (been very hard to set my Star Leopard down), and I really like Millennium discs too.  For my Mid-Range Discs I have been completely sold on the Discraft Buzzz.  I like the Roc, but it's never really felt too great in my hands.  I know tons of players swear by it, but honestly, the Buzzz is a much more well rounded disc.  They are hands down the best discs in my bag.  For putters I use both Innova and Discraft, depends on the situation and conditions.  I have been using the same 3 Pro-D Magnets for as long as I can remember, but my Star Rhyno is sick and has pulled me outta of few jams.  But, I also love my KC Pro Aviar.  It just feels right in my hand and seem to keep going for it more & more.  However, the Magnet is reliable every single time & it's why they have stayed in my bag for 14 years. 

I have to agree with everyone else, it all depends on how it fits in your hands.  If you are not comfortable and it doesn't feel right, then you aren't going to play well no matter how much you threw down for Brand X. 

LOL, love the humor and candor.

That almost sounds like a steal from "The Most Interesting Man in the World" from the Dos Equis commercials....Stay thirsty my friends.

Or would it be Keep throwing my friends?

The Wasp is basically a Buzzz with a Bead....I think that is why you like as it is the same reason for me as well.  I'm not the biggest Roc fan either, so I go with the Buzzz.

Just make sure YOU like the disc and the way it flys.  It's OK to Experiment and see what weight and flight pattern is best.

I have been playing recreationally for a year now.  I am a girl in a man's sport.  But I have the following discs in my bag ;

Innova

ArchAngel

Sidewinder

Dragon

Teebird

Eagle

Discraft

Buzz

Avenger SS

Gateway

Wizard putter

But I throw these the most...... Sidewinder, Angel, Buzz and my Wizard putter.

Most of my discs are Innova, because that's mostly what I find in stores around my area. Discraft is a good brand too though, and Discmania has recently become a favorite of mine, they're still basically Innova though. Innova is just great because they have such a gigantic variety of discs.

Pure discraft here:)

Made in mi.
Dc has had a hand in many courses locally.
Their plastic is superior to innova's (check out vibram's testing)
I can get it cheaper then any other brand.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968