www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm in the market for a disc golf basket for some putting practice, and recreational playing in the field behind my house. I'd be willing to spend up to about $200, but would obviously love to spend less.

I have several baskets I am considering:

DB-5 Portable Target - $199
DISCatcher Sport Recreational Target -$179
In Step Portable Target $109
M-14 Portable Target - $139
Mach Lite Portable Target - Full Size -$125

I'm looking for something that is of good quality and has chains that will actually catch...without me having to add additional chains.

So who has experience with any of these baskets....I would really appreciate your recommendations!

All the Best!!

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ended up buying the red DGA - Mach Lit. I love it. It is nicely constructed and really seems to catch well. I love that its totally portable as well. It folds up like an umbrella, slip over the bag and off you go. only 25 lbs. I can move it around my yard very easily. Good for practicing various shots. Uphill, downhill etc. So far, I think its great....,
They all work good !!!! Depends on how much you want to spend. Mach Lite is always a good choice.
I have an Innova Sport with added chains in the center. I keep it in the house most of the time (winter), but it catches really well. It might not be the most portable thing in the world though.
m-14, I have one and I like it. Some do slip through the chains, but on a real basket they would most likely stick, so its nothing to sweat.
I have the instep and wish I would have bought something else instead, it's not horrible but the chains rusted and it doesn't catch real well. I really like the ching basket, it comes with two rows of chains but costs a little more then you want to spend.
the one thing i dont like about the mach lite is that the tripod folds up when you pick up the basket and move it. Other than that it is a great basket
I have a Mach Lite, I love it. Folds up and goes anywhere. I havent had any problems with mine yet. Made a good X-mas Tree too!

I got the skillshot for Christmas and I love it! Catches well and is very portable. Ive used it indoor and outdoor, but I store it inside.
I've had the Innova skillshot out in my yard in North Carolina for the last 2 years. Never brought it in the house. It still stands and catches discs. I do have some damage to the cloth where the squirrels have eaten on it but other than that, perfect. As far as the little flag for the top, yeah, broken. Mine basket is red and after 2 years, it still is red, not as bright but still red. Even in the snow this thing holds up.
JJ Coutts said:
the one thing i dont like about the mach lite is that the tripod folds up when you pick up the basket and move it. Other than that it is a great basket

My Machlite has a bolt you can tighten so the tripod doesn't fold up. Could be a new feature. Sort of gives it extra stability too.
Good Choice! I have two and I love them.
Arnis Venta said:
I ended up buying the red DGA - Mach Lit. I love it. It is nicely constructed and really seems to catch well. I love that its totally portable as well. It folds up like an umbrella, slip over the bag and off you go. only 25 lbs. I can move it around my yard very easily. Good for practicing various shots. Uphill, downhill etc. So far, I think its great....,
Bryce aka Hardcore Hyzer said:
I have a Mach Lite, I love it. Folds up and goes anywhere. I havent had any problems with mine yet. Made a good X-mas Tree too!

Nice Tree!! Very festive....wish I would have thought of that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968