www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like to use low turn and fade discs in strong winds but i am wondering if there are better options. Maybe heavier discs or something ultra stable.

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Z Predator does a good job for me. LAT 64 XXX works well too. Z Xtreme fights the wind without flinching but does not like to go very far in any conditions--more of a specialty disc.
star destroyers and max's and dx valkyries all at max weight
The smart answer would be what works for me might not work for you. Just try stuff till you find what works best for you. In general something really overstable is the way to go, but if I tell you to go buy something Gateway it might be too overstable for you. So just experiment until you find what works best for you.
Z Talon, Baby.

There may be a better headwind disc than a Z Talon but I have never found it. I can throw a Z Talon FOREHAND into a screaming headwind.
I use a Z Force, & it works every time. I also have a flick i used to use for this but its so much more valuable in other applications.
I prefer my max weight champ firebird.
Champ Starfire works for me. Thrown sidearm, it'll hold a line with a touch of a fade at the end.
Star Max
I just played a course in Juneau this past weekend with wicked headwinds and I used my 175g Xcaliber and it worked wonders. While my buddy kept throwing his Champion Beast (-2 turn) and watched him struggle. Usually the rule of thumb from my empiricism and other errata that I've read says overstable and heavy. I've also heard that you want to show the flight plate (top of disc) to which ever direction the wind is coming (crosswinds). Another thing to consider as well, when you're throwing in a slight or strong crosswind is the speed of the disc and how hard you throw it. When I throw my 175g Xcal with no wind (RHBH) I can't turn that disc over for nothing. But in a crosswind the disc turned over and once you show that flight plate to the wind (depending on how strong), it has a tougher time coming back and fading left.
Star destroyer
the BOSS......its a buzz saw !!!!!!
Max weight Pro Line Monster or CE Firebird depending on the shot I need. Sometimes even my Excalibur.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968