www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm trying to keep track of my scores better and how many times I putt, but I'm not sure how close to the pin you have to be for it to be considered a putt.

Tags: distance, putt

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are within 30 feet it is considered a putt. It is within that area which you are not allowed to follow through. Some people may say further because they jump putt, but anything inside of 30 should be makeable hence the follow through rule.
Maybe two answers here,first the falling putt zone(10 meters or 32ft6in)is easy to measure,and track.Second the long putt,it varies by style,ability,and conditions.From about seventy feet I need more than my normal toss,but I still think I'm putting. I would like to know how often do golfers hit thier 25ft putts when it matters?
Sup Kory? Steve Belliveau is correct...two answers. Your putting stance distance will be up to you. Some will get in the putting stance at 100 and in...others, much closer....it really depends on your comfort zone.

See ya at the Canal!!
In the Climo/Feldberg Fundamental's video, Climo says 20 feet is his 100% zone, but 25-35 is his "comfort zone" where he's likely, but not for sure, going to make them.

They teamed up in a Perfect Putt game and combined to score 210 or something like that (out of 360). That's a strong game, but a look at the numbers indicates they must have missed a handful inside 30 feet, so even a top putter must miss from inside 30 about 10-20%(?) of the time. Seems impossible watching them putt in the videos, though.

I saw Jenkins get to'ed when he missed what I thought was a tough putt. He seemed to think he should have made it but it wouldn't have even been in my "I might be able to make this" territory.
For me I think I would consider anything within 10 meters (33ft) a putt. Because after 10 meters you don't have to show "control" for lack of a better term.
i now putt within forty to fifty feet personnal preference
I have found, for tracking purposes, that if you are attempting to put the disc in the basket, then you should count it as a putt. Once in a while, you will have a hole with no putts.
According to the PDGA rule book under section 800 Definitions it says:

Putt: Any throw from 10 meters or less as measured from the rear of the marker disc to the base of the hole is considered a putt.

Therefore anything outside 10 meters is not a putt.
That is right folks a jump putt is not an accurate term, since it is not actually a putt.

This is very accurate for keeping track of your putts since most players, even great pro players, aren't 100% outside of 10m.
outside of the textbook 10 meters, i consider a putt a stroke where i use my putter at a solid (no run up or footwork) stance and am trying to put it in or close enough for a drop in.
however this is only my personal definition of a putt, people that make 30 footers on a more often basis than i do would probably have a different answer

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968