www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got around 30 of the new DGA Hurricane Drivers in stock, ripdiscgolf.com. I went out the first day I got them and I really liked the disc. For me it seems to hold whatever line I put on it, with just a little fade on the end. One of those crazy Disc's that you can throw straight, you can put an anhyzer or hyzer  and it stays where you put it.

But as we all know disc's do different things for different folks! So for those of you who have had a chance to throw it, what do you think?

Tags: dga, disc, drive, first, flight, golf, hurricane, run

Views: 587

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would say that it sounds like a Sidewinder or a TeeBird.
The Hurricane seems faster then the Teebird. For me the Sidewinder has always been understable more then anything.

I've only thrown it a handfull of times. So far, it hyzers out pretty hard for me. I haven't seen much distance from it yet, but I still need to mess around with it. Heck I hated the Nuke at first too. So, for me, the jury is still out.
BTW it's a 168g and I throw aaround 300' to 330'.
Bump!

Just ordered one of these, anybody who has thrown it got any feedback? Is the Cat-5 any different than the others?
Discraft created the hurricane's mold to be the force ss, but they never produces it, the hurricane is just that mold in DGA's plastic. for me, it is pretty flippy. kinda like a faster surge.
Thanks for the info Ben.
Where did you get that info... or is it just the word on the street? I'll have to send Derek over at DGA an email and ask him... not really that it matters where the awesome disc came from... But I guess if Discraft made the mold, and just let DGA use it that's very nice of them
I haven't gotten to throw one yet but I've heard comparisons made in the way that it is like a Pro Destroyer in Premium plastic... if that were true then it should be a rather popular mold.
I like the disc, easy to control, I am primarily a backhanded player, but the disc fits perfect in my hand for a flick shot and releases so smooth it is incredible.
IDK they're still on my wall til I start to hate the NUKE!
i have two of them. just picked up a cat -5. to be honest its been my goto driver the last month or so. easy to control, fast and great D. the cat-5 is the same just in black.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968