www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you do before a tournament to get yourself ready?

I listen to music. Pick out a band that sounds good at the time and sit back and relax. Just takes my mind off everything else and allows me to think about the course.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wake up... do the normal morning routine... then I place all the discs I plan on using that day in a big circle on the floor... then I lay in the middle and jerk one... HAHAHA

ok no seriously... music is the best... I like to get lost in my own world for a little while to just relax and prepare myself for "battle" so to speak... once in the zone... it's time for a little practice... then it's on...
I usually pound a couple Mountain dews then slap in the ipod and throw alot of mid ranges just to loosen up. Usually then move to drives. If everything is coming out good, Release,power, disc selection, then I just go putt for about 20 minutes. After that just mingle and try to stay loose or throw a lid around.
Try to stay Sober !!!!
Kaiser said:
I wake up... do the normal morning routine... then I place all the discs I plan on using that day in a big circle on the floor... then I lay in the middle and jerk one... HAHAHA

ok no seriously... music is the best... I like to get lost in my own world for a little while to just relax and prepare myself for "battle" so to speak... once in the zone... it's time for a little practice... then it's on...

So....that's what they mean by "circle jerk"......hmmm....ya learn something new everyday!!!!
I go out back and shoot my M-16, it relaxes me somehow?
I drink some caffeine and eat some healthy food. I get to the course as early as possible and play a half round or so to warm up and get a feel for the course and the weather that day. Then minutes before the round I putt a little. Yeah I know I am a little square since I dont circle jerk it...
well a day or two befor the the tournament I try to go to that course and play it a couple of times. Right on the day befor the tournament I practice my putting and driving to get warmed up.
eat a tendercrisp from bugerking.
whataburger, putt, wait

I tie my shoes really tight.
Check the weather and course to adjust discs in bag accordingly.
Really think hard about last minute things like Sunblock, Snacks, Drinks or anything I may be missing/forgetting.
Although I try to get to my hole a bit early to relax, I am finding lately I have been walking there during the 2 minute warning.
Ready to compete!
I get high. =)
force myself to eat breakfast and throw the lid

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968