www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you do before a tournament to get yourself ready?

I listen to music. Pick out a band that sounds good at the time and sit back and relax. Just takes my mind off everything else and allows me to think about the course.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The night before...I take all the discs I think I will be using for the tournament into the shower with me and clean them all with my scrubbie and soap. Usually Axe. All the while whistling "Singin in the Rain".
I have been in many other competitive events (in the past) not related to disc golf. I've gotten those butterflies everytime. I still get those pesky things. For disc golf (the day of the tournament) I generally go find the nearest basket and putt alittle, stretch or play catch with another competitor. Then maybe five minutes before the players meeting I'll do some focusing on the game at hand.
During my triathlon days (many moons ago)...a couple of nights before an event..I would clean my tri-bike front to back and the chain...link for link. In the process, that would pretty much help me develop a mental picture of the upcoming event from the swim portion to the bike portion and finally the run.
Since disc golf only requires a disc as the object, that is probably why I take all the usble ones into the shower with me for a cleaning. It helps me get a mental picture of the upcoming event. Disc for disc.
Hope this helps.
K.
I like to take a dump, just to clean out the pipes so there is no embarrassing "run into the woods" action at mid-round. hahaha, no really
amen. i like to play as much as possible up until the players meeting so that i am ready, like i just take a short break and im still in disc mode, like time between a couple rounds, gets my mentality where it needs to be. i dont have to wonder what my first drive is going to look like. it sucks when your first launch slams the first and only tree in the fairway, so i like to be ready. i make sure i drop the kids off at the pool and i feel comfortable enough to go kick some aces on the course. i smoke cigarettes like crazy during a tournament though. in casual rounds i only smoke one a round, but i still get nervous enough to want to smoke my brains out during a tourney.

kindofabuzz said:
I get high. =)
I like to get to the course at least an hour to an hour and a half early so I can stretch then I go throw some drives in a field for a bit to warm up then I head to a basket to putt from inside my comfort zone for about 20 min. to build up that confidence level and get that "feel". Then I'll usually go out and play a few holes and if I haven't played the course I usually like to walk it to get an idea of what it looks like. By that point I'm usually warmed up and limber enough and ready to play!
Since no holds seem to be barred in this thread...
I try and have some good sex the night before. Stretch a lot the week before and play as much as I can that week. Stay sober the night before. Wake up early, eat powerbars all throughout the day including in the morning (that's half my diet anyway) and try and stay positive no matter what. Also keep my phone off in the car all day, not worrying about anything or anybody else. I try to keep my blood pumping even if that takes a little running or jogging (like a few hundred meters or something).
I try to play the course if that is possible the week or day before. If not I go play a few other courses, and field throw, especially if it is a longer open course to practice some distance throws. Drink plenty of water the day before and the day of to hydrate the body, helps from getting sore muscles. I need a good high carb breakfast that morning to get me through to lunch, nothing too greasy but some good hearty food. Always like to practice some drives after stretching and then go and putt for about 20min. Good sex the night before may not help much but it gives you something pleasant to think about while you are waiting around.
I am born ready

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968