www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We are getting close to the end of our league season at our local course and we still have a sizable ace pool. I'm hoping that it will get hit in the next six weeks but if it doesn't we generally hold onto the money until the next year.

One year the guy running the league took the money to a separate league. Those two pools and leagues are not linked together in any way so that was nothing short of stealing in my book. Someone in that league hit a big pool that was half money from our league. That is very wrong. Now this year the guy is suggesting the same thing and I will have none of it.

Does anybody else do something different with ace pool money? How about one huge party? Last year there was no money to hold till the next year because it got hit at the very end of the season. But this year could be different. We might have to set everything to short if nobody hits it soon. There will definitely be no stealing of the money this year.

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

use the money for course improvements
I wish. Nobody would have any of that. We have a work day and 6 people show up. Last year we did a lot of improvements and it was all basically from donations. Maybe we need a beer cart...
Just spoke with the guy who runs things on Wednesday night and he agreed that the pool will get carried over if it does not get hit. We also might cap it off at $500 which we should reach next week unless somebody gets it. Then anything over that might go to a CTP contest or two at the end of the season.
Donate the money to EDGE and we'll put a disc golf program in a school of your choice, in the name of all the unlucky players that didn't get an Ace this year.

Jon Lyksett
Executive Director
Educational Disc Golf Experience

jon dot lyksett at edgediscgolf dot org
Always a good idea to keep the progression forward. Can EDGE give them a prize to make it worth it? A good keepsake is always a keeper.
Keep your ACE POOL exactly that.
If no one hits it:
cap the one and start another.
Someone will eventually hit it.
My son hit one yesterday for $250!
There is another substantial one right after that......
Good luck!

Ace pools draw in more players.
Out in Cali disc golf is year round so this is a problem we've never encountered. This also gets ACE pots up to crazy sizes, (we've been over a grand before). Then you get the pro's and everyone else coming out to hit that $$$. That's when you put up a portable and sell CTP shots for a buck a piece while everyone waits. (Give away some CFR or first run stuff for the winner). Make a little extra coin for the club.

Basically, don't cap it and roll that bitch over to next year and spread the word.
In Grand Rapids we use the money for Hi-Low doubles at the end of the season, right before the year end party, for members only.!
I'm going to hit it tonight so then it won't matter anymore.
These double posts are driving me nuts.
Since everybody in the league put money into we saw that it was fair to pay out more places or to have players party BBQ.
play through the winter!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968