www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Recently I had over heard a colleague of mine talking about disc golf and all he had to say was "disc golf I thought that only hippies and homeless people played that sport", needless to say I was POed. I know that there may be some people that fit into this cross section of society and if you are one of them I'm not judging you and I mean you no disrespect, but I do not and I have heard these remarks said for far to long. I know that there are other people out there that own business and work in successful jobs that also take offense to this type of stereotype please help me show my coworker that their are successful people affiliated with this sport!

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do testing and turn-up for telecom circuits (done remotely via computer) and have been doing something similar for over a decade now. I have a Literature degree from UT Dallas and CCNA training, but most of my schooling came from doing something wrong a few times first :)
Bill your a Bum and you know it!

Bill said:
I do testing and turn-up for telecom circuits (done remotely via computer) and have been doing something similar for over a decade now. I have a Literature degree from UT Dallas and CCNA training, but most of my schooling came from doing something wrong a few times first :)
Analytical Chemist and Technical Director for an Environmental Laboratory in mid-Ohio.
All of us homeless hippies either fade away or grow up and get jobs - I sell wine, which lends itself nicely to the disc golf season. People (generally) drink more beer and less wine in the summer, so I work shorter hours and get to play more disc golf. They (generally) buy more wine around the holidays, so I wrap up my disc golf season and get to work!

You should show your friend the Ice Bowl website - disc golfers raised over $250,000 to help feed the homeless and hungry last year - hooray for hippies!
im not a hippe and i play disc golf
Compliance Officer (BSA/OFAC/Red Flag Officer) at a Federal Credit Union responsible for compliance with regulations, etc.
"Do it no matter what. If you believe in it, it is something very honorable. If somebody around you or your family does not understand it, then that's their problem. But if you do have a passion, an honest passion, just do it."
Mario Andretti
I sell booze! I always have beer in my car. I'm very unpopular at the course.
I'm a licensed title insurance agent in PA and manage the Title Company owned by the 5th largest bank in PA. Funny thing is that my B.S. is in Computers :)
I manage the customer support department for a recruiting consultation / advertising company called Vertical Alliance Group, Inc. Most of our business is in the transportation industry...we help recruiting & safety departments at trucking companies (and some non-trucking companies with private fleets) attract, hire, and retain drivers. We have several trucking job related sites (BubbaJunk.com being the flagship site) that companies purchase ads on, and also do a lot of one-on-one consulting and training with recruiters.

I started working for the company in Dallas in 2005 as a cold-caller for our sales group, then started working as a customer support rep...then in 2007 I got promoted to manager of the dept, but had to relocate here to Texarkana. I see myself living here for a few more years tops, then who knows....my longterm goal is to open my own diner one day.
i'm a maintenance supervisor at a mid-rise apartment complex. and i'm also drug free!!! but yeah... i'm getting a beer belly
Really just part of the deal. I played this game in 1979 to the mid 80's or so and it was a game mainly for hippies or at least it seemed that way. I guess at that stage of my life i fit in. Now some 30 years later I decided to give it a try again with these small disc and I am hooked. Although now I am married, 2 kids and a decent job. These peripheral sports as i like to call them do get bad raps at times. I am also a avid bass fisherman and when I say that to people they say how can you just sit in one place and wait for a fish to bite but in reality it nothing like that. I never sit and wait for a bite I go and find the bite.
From what i see though I think this sport is on the brink of something much bigger and when the pros start cashing $100,000 checks for major tourneys it will dispell some of these stereotypes as it has with bass fishing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968